CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

4.5

2. replaced control arms (1 reports)
  3. replaced tie rods (1 reports)
2005 Chrysler Pacifica suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Pacifica:

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Dec 152010

Pacifica

I've taken the car in for service several times the problem still exists I've spoken to the service manager to no avail.

- , Maywood, IL, USA

Apr 152008

Pacifica Touring 3.2L V6

I just bought this car 1 month ago and it's been in the shop 2 times. First problem was fixed (started hard in the morning only) with little cost/problem, but this clunking sound is going to be ongoing, I can see. They did say they had to tighten some bolts, but that did little to nothing to fix the problem. So far I LOVE the look of this car, but am not happy with the "problems" it seems to have!

- , Ft. Wayne, IN, USA

Aug 062007

Pacifica Touring V6

dealership replaced tie rods still hear some knocking

- , Freehold, NJ, USA

Jan 192007

Pacifica Touring 3.5

I had to take my truck back to the dealer 3 times before the problem was found. First my tie rods were so bad that they were almost gone, they fixed them and the noise was still there, I went back and they replaced the sway bar bushing but, noise was still there, when I took it back again they replaced the control arms and finally fixed the problem.

- , Mississauga, Ontario, Canada