- October 15: Chrysler Recalls 917,000 Vehicles With Bad Alternators and Faulty Mirrors
- October 14: Jeep Liberty Window Regulator Lawsuit Says Chrysler Sold Bad Parts
- October 14: Chrysler Recalls 184,000 Dodge and Jeep SUVs to Fix Restraint Modules
- October 3: Chrysler Recalls 2014 Ram ProMaster Vans For Too Much Headbanging
- September 25: Chrysler Recalls 349,000 Vehicles For Ignition Switch Defect
Clunking Noise In Front End
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 37,325 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- replaced control arms (1 reports)
- replaced tie rods (1 reports)