- September 10: Dodge Grand Caravan Stalling Engines Get Look-See From Feds
- September 4: Chevy Cruze Antifreeze Leak Lawsuit Filed in New York
- September 2: Dodge Dart Transmission Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in California
- August 28: Judge Says Chrysler TIPM Class-Action Lawsuit Can Move Forward
- September 3: Chrysler Wants Dodge Ram Tie-Rod Lawsuit Dismissed
Clunking Noise In Front End
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 37,325 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- replaced control arms (1 reports)
- replaced tie rods (1 reports)