- June 28: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifters Cause Nearly 700 Complaints news | 2 days ago
- June 26: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- June 22: Chrysler to Stop Making Vehicles With Certain Takata Airbags news | 8 days ago
- June 21: Jeep Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Anton Yelchin's Death news | 9 days ago
- June 15: Which New Cars Are Being Sold With Takata Airbags? news | 15 days ago
Clunking Noise In Front End
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 37,325 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- replaced control arms (1 reports)
- replaced tie rods (1 reports)