- June 30: Jeep and Dodge SUVs Recalled To Repair Suspension Problems
- June 19: Fiat Chrysler Must Answer Government Questions About 22 Recalls
- June 18: Chrysler 'False Park' Lawsuit Back in Gear
- June 4: Fiat Chrysler Missed Legal Deadline in 5 Recalls
- May 31: Fiat Chrysler Lowers Powertrain Warranty To 60,000 Miles
Clunking Noise In Front End
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 37,325 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- replaced control arms (1 reports)
- replaced tie rods (1 reports)