- August 21: Recall: Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitches That May Detach recalls | 9 days ago
- August 17: Woman Sues Over Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shift Design news | 13 days ago
- August 14: Fiat Chrysler Recalls RAM Trucks With Transfer Case Problems recalls | 16 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 23 days ago
- August 6: Hackers Take Control of a 2014 Jeep Cherokee, Again news | 24 days ago
Clunking Noise In Front End
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 37,325 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- replaced control arms (1 reports)
- replaced tie rods (1 reports)