- February 8: Jeep Grand Cherokees Keep Rolling Away investigations | 1 days ago
- February 7: Chrysler Recalls Continental Airbags in SUVs and Minivans recalls | 2 days ago
- February 3: Recall: Dodge Charger Owners Get Free Wheel Chocks recalls | 6 days ago
- January 25: Chrysler Says Racketeering Lawsuit Filed by 'Disgruntled Dealers' news | 15 days ago
- January 11: Safe Rental Car Act Will Change How Cars Are Rented news | 29 days ago
2004 Chrysler Pacifica
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
Worst 2004 Pacifica Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems20NHTSA complaints: 236
- body / paint problems14NHTSA complaints: 242
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 35
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 93
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 96
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 37
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 25
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 20
- clutch problems1
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 74
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 51
- steering problemsNHTSA: 47
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 30
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 28
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 25
- lights problemsNHTSA: 16
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 14
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler Pacifica Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Pacifica compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler Pacifica overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pacifica.