- August 28: Judge Says Chrysler TIPM Class-Action Lawsuit Can Move Forward
- August 22: When Will Chrysler Do Something About Defective TIPMs?
- August 21: Bad Shocks Cause Recall of Jeep Cherokee, Ram 1500 and Chrysler 200
- August 13: Chrysler 200 Recalled, Automaker Appoints New Safety Chief
- August 2: Chrysler Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over Jeep Ignition Switch
2004 Chrysler Pacifica
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
Worst 2004 Pacifica Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 173
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 84
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 65
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 35
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 61
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 37
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 169
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- clutch problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 24
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 40
- steering problemsNHTSA: 39
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 27
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 25
- lights problemsNHTSA: 14
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 14
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 14
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 4
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler Pacifica Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Pacifica compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler Pacifica overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pacifica.