- January 15: EPA Targets Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee Emissions news | 6 days ago
- January 8: Fiat Chrysler Recalls Trucks and SUVs to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 13 days ago
- December 23: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Journey, Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot SUVs recalls | 29 days ago
- December 13: Dodge Dart Clutch Master Cylinder Lawsuit Continues news | 39 days ago
- December 1: Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Lawsuit Filed news | 51 days ago
2005 Chrysler Pacifica
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
Worst 2005 Pacifica Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems41NHTSA complaints: 439
- body / paint problems34NHTSA complaints: 354
- electrical problems15NHTSA complaints: 88
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 13
- fuel system problems11NHTSA complaints: 107
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 37
- drivetrain problems6NHTSA complaints: 74
- AC / heater problems5
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 88
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 157
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 46
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 26
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 46
- lights problemsNHTSA: 35
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 16
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 13
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler Pacifica Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pacifica compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler Pacifica overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pacifica.