- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 7 days ago
- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 363,000 Dodge Journey SUVs recalls | 8 days ago
- July 3: Ram Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Lawsuit Filed news | 19 days ago
- June 21: Chrysler Recalls Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid Electric Minivans recalls | 31 days ago
- June 19: Dodge Dart Transmission Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 33 days ago
2005 Chrysler Pacifica
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
Worst 2005 Pacifica Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems50NHTSA complaints: 439
- body / paint problems49NHTSA complaints: 357
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 88
- fuel system problems12NHTSA complaints: 107
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 13
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 37
- drivetrain problems6NHTSA complaints: 74
- suspension problems6NHTSA complaints: 157
- AC / heater problems5
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 88
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 46
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 26
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 47
- lights problemsNHTSA: 35
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 16
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 13
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler Pacifica Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pacifica compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler Pacifica overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pacifica.