- July 4: NHTSA: Fiat Chrysler Didn't Do Its Job in 23 Recalls
- June 30: Jeep and Dodge SUVs Recalled To Repair Suspension Problems
- June 19: Fiat Chrysler Must Answer Government Questions About 22 Recalls
- June 18: Chrysler 'False Park' Lawsuit Back in Gear
- June 4: Fiat Chrysler Missed Legal Deadline in 5 Recalls
2005 Chrysler Pacifica
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
Worst 2005 Pacifica Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems16NHTSA complaints: 102
- electrical problems11NHTSA complaints: 49
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 7
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems8NHTSA complaints: 52
- transmission problems5NHTSA complaints: 18
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 11
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 12
- AC / heater problems3
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 35
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 13
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 10
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 8
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler Pacifica Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pacifica compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler Pacifica overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pacifica.