2006 Chrysler Pacifica electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 192015

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that there was a failure in which various instrument panel warning lights flashed. In addition, the vehicle stalled. The contact had to make numerous attempts as well as waiting a brief moment to restart the vehicle as the failure was getting worse. The vehicle was taken to three independent mechanics. The mechanics had replaced the battery, the alternator assembly and additional parts but the failure persisted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was not available.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Jan 112016

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while coming to a complete stop, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle failed to restart. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where the power control module, the cooling fan and accessory belt were replaced on separate occasions however, the failure recurred two times. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 06V432000 (power train). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 109,000.

- Warren, OH, USA

Jan 102016

The drivers seat quit working and all controls on the stearing wheel quit working and could not shut turn signals off.

- Millerton, PA, USA

Apr 252014

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving 75 mph, the vehicle suddenly was empty on fuel but the fuel gauge indicated a full tank. The contact also stated that the vehicle was only able to refuel up to half a tank and the fuel gauge continued to display that there was a full tank of fuel. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump, fuel tank and fuel wiring harness needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, however the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 198,000.

- Firth, NE, USA

Oct 022015

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving at various speeds and attempting to come to a complete stop, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the tcm and PCM needed to be repaired. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 159,000.

- Sanford, NC, USA

Nov 142013

Pacifica 6-cyl

First began 11/2013 when headed out after picking up my daughter, slowed to enter left turn lane (on major busy intersection at night!) and entire car simply died - fried the battery (it was only a yr old & the second time I had replaced it since I purchased it two yrs prior from original owner) nearly was hit by several cars before tow truck arrived (so dead couldn't even be shifted into neutral!) after multiple opinions by several mechanics had to face the fact that issue w/rods caused metal pieces to infiltrate oil (all oil changes on time, previous before incident 6 week prior) causing all engine bears to go. Luckily, was able to work out a fairly decent deal to the tune of $1200, only to be faced w/multiple additional needed repairs thereafter and over a year later, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of why engine totally stalls when coming to a complete stop if my A/C is on - check engine light has been on since I purchased it & still won't stay off despite multiple re-sets & computer checks, as is ABS light (again, checked multiple times & since no issue I have left it as is) now battery light also comes on intermittently. All codes come back fine, and hoses & seals all fine.... as of two days ago, seems I'm now looking at engine cradle issue as well! nearly $3000 in (just counting these latest issues!) after replacing battery for a third time & tire replacement (all 4) twice within a year, in addition to breaks & rotors for 2nd time in 2 years...seems to be a common problem w/these vehicles and yet my VIN # isn't included in the recall...shame on you Chrysler....I am a single mother, who has had all regular maintenance and upkeep & cannot afford to continue to throw $ into this issue, and am afraid every time my kids are in the car that the stalling issues will cause a horrible accident!

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Aug 012011

Pacifica 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While traveling 65 mph, the contact's knee inadvertently struck the ignition switch and caused the vehicle to lose power and stall. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 06V432000 (power train). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 124,000. Updated 01/09/15 updated 6/11/2015

- Fitchburg, WI, USA

May 092014

The first issue occurred in may while driving my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica uphill at about 35 mph. About halfway up the hill my car stalled unexpectedly and locked up. I slammed on the brakes and pulled on the steering wheel (the automatic steering was out) with a lot of force to put my back right tire on the curb to stop sliding down the hill. Then I was able to put the car in park, turn the car off, and restart the car. I pulled into the next available parking lot to recover and try to evaluate my car for what the issue was. The second issue occurred while driving in a residential area, traveling about 30 mph, my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica stalled without any notice. Everything locked up. Thankfully I was in a low traffic area and the cars behind me were following at a safe distance. I was able to pull to the side of the road where I put the car in park, turned the car off, and restarted the car without issue. My concern now is that this issue will continue to happen and may cause an accident. When my car shuts off, there is no indication that it is going to happen.

- Council Bluffs, IA, USA

Sep 132014

Had to have my vehicle towed due to my ignition switch. I am glad that I was not driving when this happened! getting this car repair will set me back in my bills and I just got this car 2 years ago!

- Kalamazoo , MI, USA

Aug 282014

Pacifica 6-cyl

As I was driving all of a sudden the dashboard and headlights started flickering and the warning icons dinged on. This has continued to occur and the mechanic can not determine the cause of the problem.

- Pekin, IL, USA

Jun 302014

Pacifica 6-cyl

My car failed on us as we were on our trip towards brownsville Texas. The electrical in my car started flickering and the motor kept accelerating itself.. then the gas indicator went from showing half tank full to 10 miles to empty.. we were in the deserted part of the checkpoint ranch so we had about 30 miles until a gas station we thought we couldn't possibly just run out of gas, but as we continued 5 minutes later our car electrical just sounded a spark and our car starting shutting off, hard steering to pull on side of road.. but thank god we had no vehicles behind us so that prevented an accident from happening.. we called family member to go help us haul our car to a nearest gas station or mechanic.. something I never want to experience with my children 3 and 1 in my car and the hot summer.. I have searched for my car if it falls in the recall category but it shows nothing.. yet it showed to have similar defects as the ones being recalled.

- Sweeny, TX, USA

Aug 012012

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, a chime sounded as the ABS and the brake warning lights illuminated. In addition, the vehicle stalled and all of the warning and exterior lights illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

May 012014

The contact owns 2006 Chrysler pacific. The contact stated that while traveling 25 mph the ABS lights and brake lights illuminated, followed by a chime that sounded through out the vehicle. Additionally, there was a brief stall followed by the vehicle loosing electrical power. The battery was replaced however, the failure recurred four times. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 74,903 and the current mileage 75,139.

- Greencastle, PA, USA

Mar 022013

Car was parked/ spontanious fire/ inside totalled.

- Dorchester, MA, USA

Feb 142013

Pacifica 6-cyl

Sporadically the ABS & brake warning lights come on the dashboard lights come on and the radio cuts out. The main issue is that when all of this happens the headlights also flicker and go out. When driving at night the headlights are very distracting to myself as well as other vehicles on the road. Once I was driving at night and my headlights completely went out for a few seconds. The dealer canżżT figure out what is causing the issue and there is no specific reason that causes it to happen.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 062012

Engine light came on, then the gascap light came on. Was time for inspection and naturally it failed. Immediately took it to repair shop, they checked it over and just replaced the gascap. All lights were off so took it back for inspection. It passed amazingly. Later that day, the gascap light came back on. Drove a number of months with light on knowing it was a new gascap and it needed a smoke test to find the leak. Had alternator replaced and also a new right side fuel pump with the fuel hose from vent on primary to fuel pump vent nipple on other side. They were amazed that I hadn't smelled fuel leaking. Also amazed there was no fire. This is a serious fault and needs to be addressed by Chrysler after reading all the other same problems. Please Chrysler, do the right thing!!

- Aubrey, TX, USA

Jun 292012

Pacifica 6-cyl

While in reverse in parking lot, car stalled causing loss of braking power and vehicle rolled into another parked vehicle. Since incident, when vehicle is placed into reverse, vehicle immediately stalls. Also, motor mounts have broken and this appears to be a big issue with the Pacificas.

- Bremen, GA, USA

Mar 082012

Pacifica 6-cyl

Obtained car brand new in 2006, yr later had to replace engine, was said they gave us a new one, prior to that we had sunroof issue that still persist to this day 6years later... electrical off. One minute you have gas and next minute literally fuel light is forward a tad 2007 stalling problems, forward even more 30,000miles later.... stalling allllllllot, especially while I'm driving with my kids. Making a U-turn and just simply parking into a space no go.. gas cap light is on, check engine light on.... currently vehicle is at dealership which was charging us $2,632 to fix problems, besides overcharging ridiculously, Chrysler offered to pay most of bill after doing research and realizing we were getting ripped off, a two day job is now turned into 1week, no vehicle, no loaner.. 6yrs. Later failed emissions test is what prompted me to take it to a I cannot pass an emissions test nor register my vehicle @ end month>( today). Would like to trade, however they low balled me & said $4,000.they cannot get car to reset, and still could not find out why it is stalling. After letting dealership know I have an open case seems like they are singing a different tune...still no car/ no fix...

- Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 192012

Pacifica 6-cyl

Driving 65mph, was on a bridge. Inside of car went totally black. Had to coast it to railing of bridge as there was no shoulder. Car completely stopped on its own. Saw smoke, waited for clearing in passing traffic. Fire erupted on driver's side under hood. Local fire department said it was the computer and battery. Had I not jumped out I would have been dead. Fired melted hood to grill and had to axed open to completely extinguish fire. There was no previous indication of electrical shortage.

- Robinson, TX, USA

Oct 262011

Pacifica 6-cyl

I first noticed my headlights flickering and my battery light came on so I took it to the Chrysler dealership and they claimed to have done many tests and found nothing wrong, I then continued using my Pacifica but only to have the problem not only continue but also to get worse my brake light and ABS lights on my dash started to flicker on and off and then there was chime indicating that there was a problem and I also heard a loud popping noise coming through my stereo but the weird thing is my stereo was off. I since took my Pacifica to another Chrysler dealership and left it with them and again they claim that there is nothing wrong which again costed me more money for nothing. I again took my Pacifica and used it when the problem continued withall the same problems but this time my fuel gauge dropped to empty and my dte distance until empty dropped to zero and my truck shut off as I was merging onto the highway and I nearly got involved into an accident with several vehicles. I am not only concerned about this issue but also for my safety and others on the road. I have agin contacted the dealer and this time I provided a video of the lights and dash lights which included the noise coming through my stereo that I recorder with my iphone they again made an appointment with me to bring my Pacifica back in and they made it clear that I would have to pay for their time once agian until they can find the problem and at which time they said the warranty company would cover the costs. My concern is from what I have been reading in these complaint posts is that they will find nothing and I will walk away with empty pockets...updated 04/18/13

- Hamilton, CA, USA