2.0

2006 Chrysler Pacifica wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

May 282014

Pacifica

A few weeks before this happened, I noticed my rear tire leaning outward. Took it too the shop a few times wondering what was the cause. It was determined from a dealership it was the struts. I was told the Pacifica was known for it. So I had the struts replaced. It helped but the tire was still leaning, it wasn't perfect like the rest. I was told that there was no other reason because everything looked good underneath and suspension. I looked several times, myself. Not seeing any major rust or anything unsafe. Then driving on the freeway 150 mile's from home, at 70 mph, a hard bang and the rear end lifted up and dropped down. Car uncontrollable. Finally able to stop and realize the subframe dropped right out of the car leaving my rear differential on the ground. It had rusted from the top of the subframe down. Looked on line and seen it was happening to other people. Called Chrysler was told my problem. Hence my first american made car and my last. Pos!!!

- Cadillac, MI, USA

Mar 072013

Pacifica 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while having maintenance done on the vehicle, the technician advised that the front passenger and driver side tie rod did not have any grease fittings. As a result, both tie rods needed to be replaced. In addition, the contact mentioned that all four wheels were corroded causing air to escape. The vehicle was taken to the an independent mechanic. The technician decided to use a power brush to clean the wheel and applied a rubber sealant. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure and current mileage was 22,000. Updated 5/9/13 the right and left outer tie rods were replaced.

- Petoskey, MI, USA