2007 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica:

2007 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Jun 222016

I have a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica touring that I have had to repair motor mounts several times. When the car is stationary and then in motion the problem occurs. When I accelerate the car does not have it's full power potential because acceleration causes the engine to immediately raise up and then quickly drop down. I hear the engine hit the frame with a loud bang when it drops. This happens in motion, on city streets, and the highway. I believe this has caused other engine problems that I have repaired over the motor mount replacement years are 2010,2012,2013, and 2016. I have receipts and the last set of mounts. I don't like to drive my grandson around in this car because I feel it is not safe for him. I always try to use my other vehicle to Transport children. I have requested help with Chrysler and was advised though we helped and replaced your mounts under warranty in 2013, we will no longer help you with mount replacement. We consider it normal ware and tare. Chrysler also advised they will not help because of the cars age and mileage. I have the recording. If this is considered normal than I feel it should have been listed in the consumer vehicle maintenance and repair book. Had I know I would have to re-secure my engine to the frame every year I would have not purchased this vehicle. Now Chrysler has released a new Pacifica. I am interested to know will this happen with the new Chrysler Pacifica. Regardless, it is not safe to drive around with the engine unsecured to the vehicle frame.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Sep 072012

I purchased my 2007 Pacifica in 2009 with about 30,000 miles from Chrysler, elk grove, California. Upon reaching about 57,000 miles, when accelerating, I would hear loud metal banging from the engine area. I would also feel a hard jolt when accelerating. After visiting Chrysler, elk grove service center, I was told that 3 of my Pacifica engine motor mounts failed and needed immediate replacement at about $1000 dollars. I asked if this problem would occur again and was told "I should have no further problems with the engine mounts" by Chrysler, elk grove. I paid for replacement. At approximately 105,000 miles, I began to here loud metal pounding after accelerating from the engine area. I could hear metal knocking when I slowly drove over bumps in the street. I could also feel my car give a hard jolt when accelerating. After visiting the Chrysler, elk grove service center, I was told 3 of the engine mounts failed and needed immediate replacement for $1083 dollars. I told the service person that I had the same service repair and was told there would be no additional problems. Chrysler service replied "the engine mounts on the Chrysler fail due to wear and tear". my concerns are I don't feel safe knowing that my engine is not properly secured to the frame of my vehicle. Chrysler service also told me driving with failed mounts will lead to other problems. There is no warning when these engine mounts will fail. The service manual does not mention these parts should be inspected for wear and tear at certain intervals or miles. Please help with failed motor mounts.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Jun 012007

The first incident occurred a few weeks after we purchased the vehicle, I noticed rust/pit marks all over the exhaust system (under warranty completely replaced). The second incident occurred when I continued to notice the driver side floor was wet after rain or a car wash. Front windshield gasket needed to be replaced (under warranty repaired). The third incident the car was shifting hard brought it in was told it's normal no problem found. Fourth incident the car continued to shift hard, brought it in again and was told the motor mounts were broken (under warranty replaced). Fifth incident noticed the rear bumper fading compared to the other bumpers. Told it did not have the proper sealer on it (under warranty repaired). Sixth incident, noticed left rear molding panel loose. Found clip to fasten the molding was broken and defective, (under warranty replaced). Seventh incident, noticed the right rear molding panel loose. Found clip to fasten the molding was broken and defective, (under warranty replaced). All this with less than 30,000 miles. Thank god for the warranty.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA