2.3

2007 Chrysler Pacifica electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica:

2007 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 042014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the electronic stability control, brake assist system, and traction control warning lights illuminated for more than 18 months. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the clockspring (part number 68281393ab) needed to be replaced. The manufacturer failed to produce the required part to repair the vehicle. The contact and mechanic contacted the dealer and manufacturer numerous times during the 18 months to purchase the parts, but was not successful. The failure mileage was 148,000.

- Union Town, OH, USA

May 092014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. It was very hard to steer the vehicle after the failure occurred. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the starter, key, engine oil, and alternator failed on separate occasions. The vehicle was repaired each time; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Westbrook, ME, USA

Feb 282016

Pacifica

"takata recall" at 60 mph the vehicle starts to shake. Brand new tires balaced properly, new caliper, and wheel aligjnment. Electrical light on dash keeps coming on and can not exceed 40 mph and vehicle ahuts off sometimes leaving no steerimg or breaks

- Annville, PA, USA

Dec 072015

Pacifica

Bought in 2007 used, 16000 miles. Last two years, stalls sometimes at low speeds. Loses all power, will not steer, cannot brake. Occurs too randomly to predict. Very dangerous when making turns to join traffic flow as cannot stop or steer car while rolling. Latest example 12/7/15 - nearly at a stop on slight decline, ready to merge with street traffic from parking lot. Suddenly lost power and brake stopped responding and locked up. Steering locked up. Was slowly rolling into oncoming traffic.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

May 012009

Pacifica

My daughter brought me this car for my birthday 2007. I have been complaining since 2007 about the ignition. I was told it was the key. I purchase a new key, well the key is not the problem. I have been in the middle of the street and the car would just shout off. I keep replacing batteries after batteries. I finally found out it is the ignition, the way I found out is a certain way I had to turn the key for the car to start. I really learn to love my car but I have so many issues I don't know whether I would advise anymore to purchase one. I have had many issues until I became very dissatisfied with the company. I would appreciate if you take a look at this problem. Thanks the car would just cut off in the middle of the street. Unexplainable.

- Marion, SC, USA

May 152015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving approximately 40 mph, the headlights and instrument panel failed to illuminate intermittently. On a separate occasion, the contact mentioned that the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but the failure was unable to be diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Lynden, WA, USA

Aug 292015

Pacifica

Have owned a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica for almost 3 years now - bought it used and enjoy most features of this car having waited for a few years to purchase one after having recurring (and costly) repair issues with my previous Chrysler (cirrus.) however, for the past year, I've experienced intermittent stalling issues with my car - while operating/driving and I am now terrified of the what "ifs" since I thought we'd resolved the issue just over a month ago when replacing my egr valve. This was a huge expense particularly since I've been underemployed for a while now, but then again today while driving with my young daughter the issue happened again!! I too have had my share of being inconvenienced by taking to multiple mechanics and repair shops saying they need to "mimick" the issue in order to find the problem. Since this issue occurs intermittently, how is that exactly suppose to happen"?" Chrysler corporate really needs to step up and address this issue asap since this appears to be a major issue and possible defect on the products themselves used when manufacturing this car and/or a huge defect of this particular make and model of vehicle, in general! Chrysler - please hear us before you all are faced with an even larger penalty than the ones used to recently bail you out - please don't make a further mockery of the process by ignoring the voice of your consumer on such a major health and safety concern. To echo the words of another complaint I came across in my research of this specific issue... the price to replace a defect is much less than that of a human life!!

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jul 192015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. After the driver side window was rolled down, all four windows became inoperable without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that an unknown fuse and the wiring harness in the driver side door needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure recurred. In addition, while driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, where it was diagnosed that the totally integrated power module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 132,135.

- Waleska, GA, USA

Jul 082015

Pacifica

I have a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica that has been diagnosed as having a bad tipm, the car would lose all interior power along with windshield wipers; this is extremely dangerous as this would happen during rain.

- North Royalton, OH, USA

Nov 012014

Pacifica

The traction control and esp lights have been on for months, dealer states that the problem is the clockspring, but part is not available. So currently the esp and traction control, both of which are safety features are not functioning and I can not repair cause part is not readily available, I feel there should be a recall to cover this safety concern.

- Webster, PA, USA

Feb 022015

Pacifica

2007 Chrysler Pacifica. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle stalling while driving. The consumer stated the vehicle was at the dealer for a month, with no remedy in sight. The clockspring was replaced. However, the vehicle continued to stalled. The dealer stated the clockspring was replaced, because there was a light on the dashboard.

- Steubenville, OH, USA

Nov 212014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the key would not turn over into the on position to start the vehicle. The contact mentioned that after multiple attempts, the key was able to turn over to start the vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that while traveling 40 mph to merge on the highway, the vehicle stalled. The contact was not able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the authorized dealer for further inspection and diagnosis. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000. Updated 3/12/15

- Amelia, OH, USA

Sep 022013

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled several times and was able to be restarted. The contact indicated that the failure was progressing and the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 06V432000 (power train). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Whitehouse , OH, USA

Jul 222014

Pacifica

I purchased a vehicle end of May 2014. Vehicle has since started cutting off while driving with no warning. I have called Chrysler and was referred to one of there dealers in Oakville Connecticut. They had the car for a week and was unable to find the problem. I took it home and the next day the car shut off while driving, I called the dealer again and was told to bring it back and its been there since September 2, 2014 and they still have not found problem. Its very frustrating that I have purchased a vehicle for safe driving and I fear for my family and myself to drive this vehicle and cause an accident and getting hurt.

- Waterbury, CT, USA

Jul 022014

Pacifica 6-cyl

We were driving. I asked my husband to clean the windshield. As soon as he pulled the wiper stem, the headlights went out. The car restarted, but the headlights wouldn't come back on. We pulled over again and opened the hood. The car would restart, but now the dash cluster was out along with the headlights. We turned the engine off and weirdly, the headlights came on. They were flashing on and off, over and over. Within the next ten minutes the car would start but wouldn't shift out of park. From there the armrest controls stopped functioning, and eventually the car just chattered when the key was turned. Then it wouldn't even do that. It completely died. Four weeks and $1600 later, we have a new tipm L. the entire electrical system was fried.

- Reidsville, NC, USA

Aug 012012

Pacifica 6-cyl

When driving, our 07 Pacifica will randomly lose power and there will be no brakes and no steering. I have to put it in neutral and restart the engine while the car is still in motion. This has occurred on the freeway and also around town. It is most noticeable when I am approaching a corner or stop light/ stop sign and slowing down to turn or to stop. On the freeway, I was not slowing down or preparing to stop when it happened. The check engine light and etc light (electronic throttle control light) come on when it happens. We have taken our car to non-Chrysler dealerships/auto shops over the summer because it's less expensive to scan. The car was in the shop three times this summer, and the problem was not corrected. This is a frightening occurrence and we may have to take it in to our Chrysler dealership anyway.

- Porterville, CA, USA

Aug 202012

Pacifica

She just doesn't like to start on occasion. The dealer diagnoses was it needed a new starter, took all of three minutes. Had a new starter put in, same issue. New relay and new shifter assembly with new switch installed. Parts department said they sell a "lot" of these. Still no resolution. She does not like to start about 2% of the time and does so after running the shifter up and down a few times. I am worried as I have asthma and need a working car to get to hospital immediately when attack occurs. So far been lucky with timing of no starts. Please help!!!

- Denton, TX, USA

Jul 012013

Pacifica 6-cyl

The vehicle dies--especially when coasting toward a stop sign or light, or down hills--usually at lower speeds, though several times at speeds of 40 mph. The power brakes and power steering cease. The only option is to shift into neutral and restart the car. Going around corners at speeds higher that 25 is difficult, this car has been in the shop several times for the same thing; they can't really find anything wrong but have charged me over $2500 this year alone. I'm afraid to drive this as this has been happening on nearly a daily basis. And taking it to the dealer seems futile. Is this part of the recall? I'd hate to see my wife or someone else injured or killed because the safety systems on the vehicle stopped working at the same time--such as happened with the GM products. Updated 3/3/2015

- St. Charles, IL, USA

Oct 142013

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who stated that the tipm needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 95,000.

- Bradford, MA, USA

Mar 312014

Pacifica

While driving the electrical panels are flushing multiple time some kind of warning noise sound and then the dash light stays on with all the lights sties on and the engine runs morally, we have to pull over and turn the engine off and restart it and after a few miles the same repeats again and again, the dealer dose not know about it and they wants to change multiple part to figure to fix the issue, which is costly and expensive too, and plus we have to find another vehicle for the daily need that take kids to school and daily grocery shopping. It is scary and specially when the kids are in the vehicle.

- Sachse, TX, USA