2008 Chrysler Pacifica accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Pacifica:

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Mar 302008

Pacifica 6-cyl

We just purchased a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica. The electric driver's seat positioning module, located on the driver's door, failed while I was driving on the highway, moving the seat uncontrollably forward, crushing me against the steering wheel and dash so that it was difficult to steer or to place my foot on the brake. It was snowing heavily and I could not immediately pull off the highway. Had I crashed at that time, the air bag would have injured or killed me, since my chest was trapped tightly against the steering wheel. I would also have been trapped against the steering wheel and could not have exited. After about 30 seconds in the forward position, the seat moved backward, then continued to move backward and forward randomly. It was unresponsive to the switch. At times it would move all the way back and then all the way forward. Eventually I was able to leave the highway at a rest stop and remove the fuse that controlled the seat. The seat was in the rear position at the time, so the car was drivable. Had the seat been unresponsive in the forward position, I could not have gotten out of the car.

- Orofino, ID, USA