2.5

2008 Chrysler Pacifica drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Pacifica:

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

May 012016

Pacifica

My car will unexpectedly stall out while driving thus creating a serious safety hazard. This has been happening intermittently for the past 8 months. I have had a local Chrysler dealership check and they think it's the PCM or fuel pump as had been reported in other model years. They reset the PCM but this did not repair the problem. Chrysler has recalled other models from 2004 and 2006 for this issue but will not aknowledge responsibility for the 2008 model. The car is currently being used in brussels, belgium as I am working for the department of defense there. I contacted the europe Chrysler customer care but the representative said she had no knowledge of any relevant recalls past or present. I have sent an email to them (copy to NHTSA) again requesting financial coverage for the necessary repairs and I await their response. What are my options now?

- Apo, AE, USA

Nov 042014

Pacifica

When driving the car on streets the car will just shut down. No steering power, brakes is so hard and no system!!! it always seem to happen as I'm going around a corner or a curb.today 8/18/2015 really upset me, because it shut off as I turned a curb and I almost slammed into a fire hydrant. Starting the car up I have to put it in neutral.20% of the time the car will start in drive 80% in neutral. We have took it to dealerships Chrysler and drivetime and no answers. What's so sick about it is the car is almost payed off..I love the car, but I am surely not ready to loose my life or my 4children and wife in this car, but what can you do when you can't afford to buy another.we could trade it, but I would never want to hurt another family!!!

- Allen , TX, USA

Jan 152012

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle jerked violently and the gears slipped. The vehicle was repaired by an independent mechanic on several occasions, but the failure recurred. The front motor mount was replaced three times and the isolator was replaced once. The vehicle was taken back to the independent mechanic who stated that the isolator and front motor mounts needed to be replaced again. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 06V432000 (power train). The manufacturer was notified and the vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000.

- Plano, IL, USA

Jun 152012

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica. The contacted stated that while driving various speeds, the transmission jerked without warning. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic three times where the motor mount was replaced on each visit but to no avail. The manufacturer was not made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Seat Pleasant, MD, USA

Aug 142008

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving 5 mph the vehicle began to shake abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that they could not find a failure. The vehicle was then taken to a local mechanic for a second diagnosis. The mechanic stated that there was a leak in the transmission. The manufacturer was contacted and stated that the vehicle was not under warranty. The failure mileage was 22,000 and the current mileage was 78,000.

- Agoura Hills , CA, USA

Jan 272011

Pacifica

I have a 2008 Chrysler pacific that has been in the shop on and of for about 2 months. They fixed the dry shaft first and I drove it for 2 days and had to take it back. They then fixed it again and I got it back, a week later it broke down on the side of the road. Towed it to the dealer they fixed it and a week after I was broke down again, with the same problem. The dealer says they don't no why it keep breaking. They now have took the complete rear apart and found nothing. Yet instill I am paying a car note with no car to drive. And they cant seem to fix it. What is one to do?

- Tuxedo, MD, USA

Jan 102010

Pacifica

Sudden, uncontrolled acceleration, when put into drive from park. Dealer unable to find a defect.

- Mequon, WI, USA