9.6

2017 Chrysler Pacifica miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica:

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Pacifica

I have noticed several others complaining about they front collision warning not working. I have tried several times to get mine to go off at the different setting. I have driven other vehicles with this feature and so far the Pacifica has not acted like those. My wife said it has went off twice on her and she really could tell why. I have also so had the issue with the passenger side rear door grinding from day one. Today when we got our first oil change they told us the balling bearing was busted and we have to take it back to get it replaced tomorrow. The rain sensing wiper feature does not work, and it is turned on in the uconnect settings. Also, after about a month of ownership I noticed that the beep on the rear gate as it closed changed to a higher pitched more annoying sound, but it still works.

- Warsaw, IN, USA

Nov 302016

Pacifica

Acc & fcw. Mine did not work. The dealer had my car for 2 weeks. They had to contact the Chrysler engineer & was told to replace & re-calibrate. So after being replaced it somewhat works. After the new parts, my car will still brake hard when a car in the adjacent lane is exiting (as if the car was braking in front of me). But, if a car changes lanes directly in front of me or slams on brakes directly in front of me my car doesnt react? Chrysler has definitely fallen short on this function. I've owned vehicles where this function worked nearly flawless. Chrysler says its as good as its going to get. Another misrepresentation on this feature! I'm disappointed. Chrysler claims the Pacifica to be the quietest vehicle in its class. After driving it about 8 months now, I hate it. It's as noisey as a small car. "acoustically sound with its active noise cancellation (anc), subduing engine and street noise through white-noise wavelengths played through all speakers throughout the vehicle". the anc is in all trim levels. Chrysler at this point doesn't even have a way to test the product to see if the anc is working! star tech support of Chrysler is still trying to figure out how to test this feature!!! I had a Chrysler customer service rep tell me that the anc was for my cell phone, lol, I was like are you sure you work for Chrysler?? third, is the suspension and rear sway of the vehicle. When there are only 2 people up front it's not noticeable. But when we have 5-6 people it's noticeable. Chrysler customer service tried to tell me I had the van over capacity. Really! so my 7 passenger van was over capacity with 5 people (4 adults, 1 child, 3 luggage)" again are you sure you work for Chrysler?" fourth, my key fob randomly loses connection. Fifth, I had the A/C failure and my A/C had to be replaced. I have requested a buy back. Too many misrepresentations.

- Newcastle, OK, USA

Aug 222016

Pacifica

The power sliding side doors make a terrible grinding noise when opening & closing. We've owned the vehicle 4 days. First the right side door started in the morning, the same day in the afternoon the left side door started. The service dealer checked it and commented that the bearings might have broken in the upper tract. They made an appointment to repair. Also the bluetooth will not connect. It is very glitchy. It sometimes sees the phone, but it can not be used at all and the phone states to 'make sure nearby device is on, connection was lost'. the car bluetooth settings won't forget the device easily to retry. Two separate phone calls to uconnect service assistance and it still would not work even after two different 'soft resets' as directed by service. 4 different smartphones we're tried and even an ipod touch. All of which had no problem connecting to other bluetooth devices. Both issues are scheduled to be repaired...frustrating issues for a brand new vehicle.

- Maineville, OH, USA

Aug 032016

Pacifica

My concern is with Chrysler's fcw system. The system does not work as described in their owner's manual both in city and highway driving. Specifically it does not detect, no matter the selectable settings, that my vehicle is approaching a car ahead dangerously. The system is supposed to warn with sound, display, and brake nudge. According to Chrysler, the system will only work as described if I am approaching the vehicle head unsafely with my foot still pressing the gas. However, even with my foot still pressing the gas peddle, the system will not respond with any of the warnings. I have reported my concern to the dealer and Chrysler customer service. Chrysler customer service and the dealer said that they cannot do anything about my complaint since there are no trouble service codes logged in the vehicle. The acc system works as described in the owner's manual. The fcw system uses many of the acc system without the auto braking feature. The fcw system should work, but it doesn┐T. the system in my vehicle is useless since it does not do what it is intended to do which is to mitigate a collision by alerting an inattentive driver.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Aug 112016

Pacifica

Back-up camera issue - when first starting the car, the rear view camera remains black (or very fuzzy) only reading "check entire surroundings." I've only had it happen after I first start the car in the morning, usually when it's dark outside. It's as if it isn't adjusting to the lighting outside. Either way, obviously I can use my mirrors, but there is a safety issue in that if it's installed, it should work properly.

- Odenton, MD, USA

Jul 282016

Pacifica

When moving from very light to very dark, or very dark to very light, the cameras on the car turn black, making it impossible to see anything. There could be a person behind you and you'd have no idea. Incredibly dangerous.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Pacifica

Backup camera issue: When entering or exiting garage in reverse during daylight hours (or any area with a moderate change in lighting) the default camera view (top[360░]& rear) is displayed. The rear camera does not adjust to the lower light contrast and the image displayed is all black, you cannot see a thing (see picture attached). This could lead to someone or something getting run over. A serious safety issue.

- Le Roy, NY, USA