2017 Chrysler Pacifica seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica:

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Jul 222016

I test drove one of these vans at a Dodge dealership in sacramento. When I sat in the third row middle seat, the seatbelt went over by neck rather than over my clavicle. As a board-certified emergency physician, I am well aware of the potential risk to life that this poses, and it was one of my reasons for not buying the vehicle. To be clear, I do not own this vehicle nor was I injured by it. However I am 5'9" tall and I think anyone less than 6 feet tall is likely to be injured by the seatbelt since it will not fit them correctly and there is no way to adjust it. Obviously the person stuck in the third row middle seat is likely to be a small person. This is a faulty design that needs to be re-engineered to avoid injuring consumers. In order to fill out this form online, I had to submit a VIN. I selected a VIN I found on the internet that matches the make and model. I did not actually drive that vehicle. The one I drove has a VIN that is not available to me. It should not matter as this is a standard feature of the car.

- Sacramento, CA, USA