Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 3 of 7)

Sep 252014

Caliber 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While driving at very low speeds and depressing the brake pedal, the ABS would erroneously activate causing the braking distance to be extended. The contact also indicated that the check engine sensor light illuminated. The dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of the failures. In addition, the contact experienced various electrical failures. The driver side window would open, but would not roll up to close allowing rain to enter into the vehicle. Also, the front passenger side headlight would not operate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired for the electrical failures. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 156,000. Updated 12/30/14 the consumer was involved in accident and the vehicle was totaled. Updated 01/27/15

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Nov 242014

Caliber 4-cyl

The passenger's side low beam and the passenger side brake light have gone out. High beam, reverse, & turn signals are fine. I took the vehicle in and was told the totally integrated power module (tipm) must be replaced at a cost of over $1,000. This is a know issue to Dodge; a design flaw due to exposing the electronic equipment to the elements by placing it in the engine bay in a housing that not water tight. I've been told the with the Caliber it is not a question of if, but when the tipm will go out. This creates a safety hazard because any electrical system could go out while driving. Dodge should either fix this, recall the part, or reimburse owners that have already had to pay to fix the issue.

- Troutdale, OR, USA

Oct 242014

My passenger side head light went off and on for about 2 weeks before failing to come on at all. Bulb was checked, then replaced. The battery cables were taken off over night to try to reset the computer but nothing worked. I should not have to pay $900 + to fix a headlight on a car 7 years old. Why are they not issuing a recall on a problem that so many people are having?

- West Lawn, PA, USA

Aug 292008

Caliber 4-cyl

This has happened on several different occasions, there is no rhyme or reason to this problem. I will be driving down the road at between 45 and 65 miles per hour when all of a sudden the little lightning bolt will come on the dash panel and car will loose all power. Sometimes I'm able to pull off the road safely, however the steering also locks up when this happens. Other times I will be on a two lane highway with no shoulder, on these occasions I turn off the engine and coast and restart the vehicle. I would say this has happened to me at least a hundred times or more. It can happen several times in one trip and then not happen for several months. I have heard of several other vehicles being recalled for this same problem and I am wondering why hasn't this been done on this vehicle. I have seen that this has happened to other Dodge Caliber owners, does someone have to die for this to be fixed. I can't even sell this or give it away because I don't want someone to be killed. I have learned how to deal with this. God forbid someone is eventually killed.

- Lincoln, CA, USA

Oct 172014

Caliber 4-cyl

Low beam headlight don't work. Dealer ask for tipm replacement (9fuse box). Noticed that this problem with too many. It is a design failure. Should recall and fix or reimburse to everyone. Additional information are at

- Normal, IL, USA

Oct 212014

Noticed the driver's side headlight was out again while I was driving through a parking lot. I pulled into a parking spot and turned the lights off and back on again and then both headlights were working. Took it to the shop today since we've had the tipm and tipm connector replaced within the last 6 months. They could not duplicate the headlight not working, but said they'd replace the tipm since it's still under warranty. We're really starting to hate this car.

Oct 072014

Caliber 4-cyl

Driver's side headlight went out again. And then one day the car wouldn't start. Jumped the car and it started. We just had the tipm replaced a few months ago. This time they found a burnt tipm connector pin. They replaced the connector and could not duplicate the no-start condition.

Apr 222014

Caliber 4-cyl

Driver's side headlight is out. Got the tipm replaced for $700+. that's way too expensive for a headlight.

Mar 212014

Caliber 4-cyl

Driver's side headlight went out. Took it to shop to get it replaced. It was not the lightbulb. They got it fixed, but said the tipm may be faulty and it will need replaced if headlight goes out again. A day later, the headlight went out again.

Jul 042014

Caliber 4-cyl

My tipm went out on my car. It's been out for three months now and Dodge has not sent the part for my car yet. They originally sent me the wrong part and then I was told that I would receive the correct part in a week. Well, it's been three full months now and still no part. Every call to Dodge is saying that the part if on back order. No recall on this part at all. I have no vehicle to get around in and I'm lost as to what I should do now. If there's a class action lawsuit, I would love to receive information regarding it. This is an absolute nightmare.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 012013

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the front driver side headlight failed to illuminate. In addition, the air bag and brake warning indicators illuminated and the horn and windshield wipers would only operate intermittently. The dealer stated that the totally integrated module needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 114,000.

- Penscola , FL, USA

Oct 102014

Caliber 4-cyl

My total integrated power module (tipm) is out! my left head lights wont work, my horn goes off at random times, my airbag lights keep flashing, my wiper blades sometimes do not work. The car acts like its completely possessed! this is a definite safety issue and a known problem with this model! something needs to be done before someone dies!

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Oct 022014

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, the driver's side head light failed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the total integrated power module was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 102,000.

- Cochranton , PA, USA

Sep 032014

Caliber 4-cyl

Driver side headlamp has gone out due to a total intergrated power module failure.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Sep 012014

Had to replace the alternator.the charging light was coming the head lights are not working replaced bulbs still not working not getting power tipm issue.

- Evart, MI, USA

Aug 152014

I have 2007 Dodge Caliber and was driving the electrical system was make the car shut down all my lights and signal lights was not working. I was on the expressway and my signal lights or nothing was working.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Aug 062014

The drivers side headlight is out. The bulb was replaced and it still does not work. I was told that the tipm needed to be replaced. I was told that this is not a safety issue. It is a safety issue for only having one head light. I guess when I receive a citation for only one headlight then the citation will be mailed to Dodge for reimbursement.

- Carrollton, GA, USA

Jul 152014

The car would not start (lights worked, but engine would not turn over). After replacing the throttle cable and box, as well as some broken wiring, the car still would not start. The mechanic then towed the vehicle to a Dodge dealership, where the computer was reset. The car ran for another week after it was first "fixed, " and then again did not start (same problem as before). Additionally, the light to indicate that the air bags were not functioning turned on prior to the vehicle not starting. This is more frustrating because we have had extensive issues with this car (replaced all tie rods, bushings, control arms, have a broken door from the hinge breaking, and had multiple tires wearing unevenly due to the car's suspension problems) already, and have sunk well over $6000 in repairs this year alone.

- Stony Creek, NY, USA

Jun 062014

Caliber 4-cyl

The car will lose all power when driving, almost at a complete stop. The first 2 times it happened were at night (the second during a complete downpour) and since I lose all power, the hazard lights won't even work so I have to get out of the car to alert other drivers so that they won't hit me!! so dangerous!! the first "fix" was to do a full computer system re-flash ($300). The second "fix" was to replace the transmission control module ($600). The third time this happened was 3 days after the second "fix" as I'd driven not even 100 feet from a parking spot, I turned the volume up on my radio and the car died! the 3rd "fix" will be upwards of $1500!!! Dodge knows about this problem. In fact, it is the faulty placement of the tipm that has caused this!! it was placed in a spot where it constantly receives damage from water and dirt on the road, which causes corrosion and then bam! loss of power!!!! Dodge has not created any recalls for this which is unacceptable! this problem, if it happens on any highways or in major intersections, could kill someone!!! I've done a ton of research and this is happening to too many people with the same exact model year car!!! I've contacted Dodge corporation to request a recall and/or financial assistance in this matter and they won"T do anything! I've owned this car for less than 3 months and I've already had it in the shop 3 times for this problem. When will Dodge realize that they have to do something about this" when someone dies????" I'm going to reach out to as many people as I can who have had/are having the same problem so we can get a lawyer involved!!! someone needs to do something about this problem and that someone is Dodge!!!!!!!

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 252014

Caliber 4-cyl

Have had sporadic electrical issues for the last few years, chalked it up to normal wear & tear. After looking at other testimonies online, beginning to realize the issues I've had are similar to those of other Caliber owners. Just replaced the alternator in June 2014 and now car is shutting off while driving down the road. Check engine light has been on for 3 weeks and will randomly not be on for a series of drives only to come back on again. Dashboard lights do not come on all the time, I'd say more often than not night driving is done with no dashboard lights. I change headlights & taillights frequently. About to head to autozone now to have it hooked up to diagnostic machine to see if any codes come up for check engine light. Chrysler needs to do a recall asap or there will be several peoples lives at risk, including my entire family seeing as how this is our main vehicle.

- Rockton, IL, USA