Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Oct 112016

Turn signals start to fail, even with the faulty bulb replaced newly replaced bulb does not work. Brought the car to the dealership and diagnosed the tipm (totally integrated power module) is faulty. Checked the internet and forums for similar issues other owners have worse issues such as headlights randomly going out, stalling at highway speeds, windshield wipers failing... that they are encountering due to a faulty tipm which can be a safety issue. The clockspring failure causes the airbag warning light to come on which signifies that the airbag will not work when it needs to. The cruise control system intermittently works which is also affected by the clock spring. Both lower control arms bushings (left and right) have been replaced twice due to wear. Seems excessive wear between 58K and 80K miles with mostly highway driving on smooth roads.

- Mount Vernon, WA, USA

Sep 012016

Driving along temp sensor for what I found out later was for transmission starts flickering making the car go 10 miles an hour get to stop light car shuts off have to turn key off and on and hope I don't get hit from behind this happens off and on but now has become constant can't even drive anywhere then to top it off I find out its a common complaint and five hundred dollars who can afford it I will never own another car that has the T.I.P.M. to delicate and from what I gather a known problem to Dodge help me foot the cost so I don't lose my job oh I was coming to a stop at a red light in the city

- Kodak, TN, USA

Jul 232014

The radio, passenger side headlight and various other problems which a mechanic has told me are controlled by the tpim are not working ! the headlight shut off while I was driving on the interstate! according to everything I'm reading, this is a common problem for multiple years and models of daimler/ Chrysler products. I have tried to replace the headlight twice and it's not broken. This should be recalled immediately ! it's the poor engineering design of the tpim housing! the housing has multiple vent holes in it and it is located in the engine compartment that is often exposed to moisture! please help, I do no have $1000 to pay Chrysler for their poor engineering of the car! thanks

- Old Hickory, TN, USA

Jul 242016

Four four months now my car has intermittently experienced electrical failures including stuttering, dashboard lights flashing on and off, windshield wipers coming on their own and total shutdown all while the car is in motion at varying speeds. I have had my alternator replaced twice, my battery replaced and my spark plugs changed out. I have researched and am fairly certain it is my tipm which is a common problem for my make and model of car that Dodge has decided isn't worth their time to fix. I have almost crashed multiple times due to the random failure of my tipm and thusly find it unsafe to drive my vehicle anymore.

- Panama City Beach, FL, USA

Jul 162016

Bought car used in 2014. Within a week the maniverter needed replaced. Dash lights recently stopped working while driving at night. Cannot see speedometer or other gauges at night. Transmission stops working when it is hot out, trans temp light comes on and trans shuts down when driving on highways which has almost caused numerous accidents. Car stalls several times after filling with gas causing dangerous situations when driving especially pulling out into traffic after filling gas tank. Control arms and ball joints on front of car replaced with parts from Dodge dealer and are bad for a second time. We will never buy another Dodge vehicle.

- Clifton Heights, PA, USA

Dec 182015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled and the electronic throttle control failed. The failure had occurred on several occasions with the electronic throttle control warning indicator blinking on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 155,000.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Apr 052015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While driving 25 mph, the accelerator pedal became stuck without warning. The contact also mentioned that the windshield wipers, defroster, and radio became inoperable. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V234000 (vehicle speed control). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 130,000. Updated 05/17/16

- Batesville, IN, USA

Feb 202009

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle made an abnormal noise in the front end. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver and passenger side ball joints and control arms failed and needed to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. While driving at various speeds, the windshield wipers would independently activate. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the alternator failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. While attempting to start the vehicle, it failed to start. The contact stated that the electronic throttle control warning indicator would illuminate on the instrument panel. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Talbotton, GA, USA

Feb 252016

Have had several batteries, starters and alternators replaced over the past 3 years. Car has 140,000 miles on it. Recently the engine light went on. Now when it rains, the dashboard warning lights go off like a christmas tree with the the warning bell sounding. Car won't go over 20mph. If I turn it off and then on again (sometimes after a few tries) it starts up fine. Like the car but can't afford whatever is wrong to fix it.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Feb 112016

Left front lo beam quit working. Took to shop to replace and was told that the tipm is bad and will need to be replaced at a cost of almost $1000. Believes rear wiper may also be effected.

- Bexley, OH, USA

Jan 012016

Totally integrated power module problems. Having all kinds of cascading electrical problems with this car with only 70K miles. Driver's side low beam will no longer work. Engine intermittently stops/starts. Acceleration issues, etc. Chrysler wants over a $1,000 to address this issue, and the replacement tipm would likely fail in similar manner shortly thereafter. Extremely unsafe car day or night.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Oct 272015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While driving 45 mph, the contact noticed that the anti skid and ABS warning lights illuminated without warning. All of the instrument panel lights also illuminated. The contact drove the vehicle to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the front and rear ends of the vehicle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact spoke with the manufacturer who approved the repairs performed by another dealer. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 140,000. Updated 02/12/16

- Lady Lake, FL, USA

Sep 012015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the vehicle would not start. The starter was replaced, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 160,000.

- Biloxi, MS, USA

Oct 232015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While driving 55 mph, the horn independently activated and the steering wheel seized. All the warning lights on the instrument cluster illuminated and the gauges and meters provided inaccurate readings. The vehicle stalled as it veered into a ditch. In addition, the contact noticed smoke underneath the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 129,023.

- St Augustine, FL, USA

Oct 212015

The electronic control sensor keeps flashing and I keep losing power to my car. It starts shaking and making noises like it's about to stall. I have stalled several times. This is very concerning as I have kids and have to travel roads where there are very few spots to pull over safely whether it's because of traffic or on a mnt with a dropoff. I am a single parent and help is not always close.

- Oxford, AR, USA

Sep 012015

Headlight bulb replacement should be easy for the consumer and company should be liable for the low beam problem that causing lot of owners to repairs cost of 100 of 900 dollars. This is a economy safety issue that increase pressure of the owners who do not affords such a costly repairs and drive in pressure -- also a issue for the safety of others. One small problem can cause many other problems. Do not let company get out of easy excuse that under not a safety problem.

- Normal, IL, USA

Sep 112015

Our car was purchased used two years ago and always had an issue with hesitation with both acceleration and idling after completely filling the gas tank. Last week it started having the same hesitation/sputtering issue but without having recently filled up the gas tank. It sputters/hesitates to accelerate while going anywhere between 20-30 mph (we did not take it on the freeway out of fearing it would die going faster so we are unsure how it does at higher speeds). It also started to stall while idling at a stop light. It started up again fine both times it died but continued to hesitate while accelerating. Our radio hasn't come on a few times when we start the car (this has happened approximately ten times since we've had the car) and the fuse is fine. We pop the fuse out and put it back in and the radio starts up fine again. We are taking it to a mechanic on Saturday to have the system "updated" because we saw there was a bulletin about our model of car needing an update, but I'm fairly sure this has to do with the tipm after reading other people's stories online.

- Bellingham, WA, USA

Jul 182015

My car was parked, upon trying to start the car, no luck. Had the car towed to the dealer. Fuel pump was the initial diagnosis, but then also the wiring harness was melted. $642.69 later my car was running. Not a happy camper.

- Clayton, DE, USA

Sep 062015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While in park, the vehicle failed to start. Upon further inspection, the contact noticed that the fuel pump was melted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 183,000.

- Jeffersonville, KY, USA

Jul 252013

On my way home from work I stopped at a light and my car jerked and acted as though it was about to shut off and my check engine light came on and then the car would not accelerate very well. I went back to my work and had the mechanic check it (I work at a school transportation) and the light said it was the crankshaft position sensor so I got it replaced and it did nothing so we went ahead and replaced thr camshaft as well and it worked for a week or so then started off and on. My headlight also stopped working and I replaced it 3 times before wondering what the heck! I just recently was cited a ticket due to the light and since I was not able to fix it I had my license suspended and was driving without knowing and ended up getting pulled over again but instead of explaining that my car sucks I was arrested and put in jail for a couple hours so now I have two court dates coming up one for my fix it ticket not getting fixed and another for driving on suspended because of not getting the part fixed so it is starting to become a major issue for my whole life in general. My car dies at almost every stop light and if I go over 2rpm it will not acclerate. I had to replace major parts such as; motor mounts, struts, pistons, calipers, brakes, batteries, etc in just the short time ive owned the vehicle which was very hard for me since I dont make much money. The car is wired very odd and my father is my go to mechanic but he couldnt figure out some of the parts. I dont have the finances for the tpim and figured it would be recalled by now since its a major problem with most Calibers so I stuck it out but now I dont know whats going to happen. As of today, August 24, 2015, my car is not running since it lost all power last night, first the radio stopped, then the ac stopped blowing, then the lights that work started to dim, and then it just died. Please help!!!

- Wichita , KS, USA