2006 Dodge Charger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Charger:

2006 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 11 of 11)

Sep 302005

I have taken my car to the dealership 5 times to have issues fixed. Each time I got the car back, it was worse. I had 13 issues originally with the car. I ended up suing, and got a very small settlement- Dodge refused to cooperate. I still have each and every problem, and do not know what else to do. My car dies while in reverse, the brakes malfunction constantly, the window panel remains broken due to their inept work, the radio cuts off, the dash lights die @ night, etc. I would truly appreciate it if someone could actually help me. I do not know what else to do. I love my car dearly, but something needs to be done. The date I put as date of incident is when this all started.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Aug 142008

I purchased my 2006 Dodge Charger in October 06. Since my purchase I have maintained my car regularly. I was driving on a highway with my wife when she spotted smoke coming for the front hood. As I started to pull over flames were coming out. She yelled for us to run from the car and as we did the glass burst out and the car was engulfed in flames. My car insurance company did forensic testing and says it was started by something igniting (fluid). Chrysler claims there was no manufacturing defect and now I am out of a car and money. Chrysler pretty much told me I am screwed and they will not do anything about me getting a new car or reimbursement for the two years I paid into the car. They definitely do not to care and sent a form letter instead of anyone personally calling. We could have died or been seriously injured and when I called corporate they said the investigators decision was final. So like I said I am screwed big time.

- Lodi, NJ, USA

Jun 272006

Car purchased 2/2006 w/ approx. 5,600 mi. First occurrence in 6/2007: Vehicle in drive at stopped position. Proceeded to accelerate through intersection. Vehicle almost stalls and sputters (engine makes rough winding noise). Does not accelerate. Engine light on briefly. Pulled over, put in park, returned to drive to try again. Same thing happens. Turned vehicle off, waited a few seconds, and then back on. Drove fine for about 30 days. Thought maybe bad gas. Over the next couple of months it happened approx. 5 more times at different times during the day (hot and cool days, engine cool and warm). Twice engine light came on and had to turn off for over 5 minutes before light would go out to proceed. Brought in to Chrysler dealer on Sep. 13, 2007 where car was purchase for oil change, tune up, new tires and explained rough/whining idol, lack of acceleration and stalling/bogging down occurrences from a stopped position. Said problem was fixed after mouse nest removed from engine and injector wire repair from chewing. Sept. 17 & 18, happened again - backed out of driveway (each morning), came to a stop, put it in drive, and rough/whining engine sound and no acceleration above 20 mph. Brought back to same dealer on 18 Sept. Have not been able to "duplicate the problem" so left overnight. Updated 01-14-08. Updated 12/12/08.

- King George, VA, USA

Jul 162006

Charger 8-cyl

Car stalls. Usually when coming to a stop but has stopped while driving on ta two lane highway in 120 degree weather. Almost got rear ended.

- Tarzana, CA, USA

Aug 242005

Charger 8-cyl

I am about to file a lemon law complaint because Dodge has been "unable to duplicate" the most serious problems that have plagued my vehicle, a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T, since day four of my ownership. I have owned this car for 68 days and of those, I have only been able to drive the functioning car for 19 days. They have fixed a number of minor issues and notified me that they would be unable to fix or do not know how to fix at this time, some minor issues including the air conditioning compressor problems (which they say they have also been "unable to duplicate". the serious issues that are occurring when it idles, when it accelerates and with what seems to be the suspension and possibly both the engine and transmission. Of those 68 days, they have come to pick up my car on three different occasions to try and fix it, the last time (which continues currently) they have had my car for four weeks. I happen to know (upon researching after the prolonged period they have had the car) that tsb's or technical service bulletins have been issued for every problem that is occurring with my car. Additionally, I have taken my car to two different mechanics (one Dodge dealership and one independent mechanic) that have witnessed these malfunctions. I would like to know what my options are legally for getting some kind of resolution.

- Groesbeck, TX, USA