1998 Dodge Durango engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Durango:

1998 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Dec 022013

Durango

I had a 1998 Dodge Durango. I really did love that car, however early in December of 2013, I was stopped at a light, when the light turned green I stepped on the accelerator and the engine just raced. I could not top the car with my brakes and the passenger in the car reached over and shut off the car. I would have surely hit the car ahead of me if the engine was not turned off.

A week later, I was at a stop sign, had my blinker on to turn right, stepped on the accelerator to make the turn and again, the engine just raced. I stepped on the brakes but it did not stop the Durango. I flew across the road, took out 3 road signs and slammed into a house.

I do not know what caused the engine to take off like it did. I am grateful no one was in my path. The Durango was totaled and I have reported it to Chrysler/Dodge.

- , Speculator, NY, USA