5.3

1999 Dodge Durango accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Durango:

1999 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Mar 042011

Durango 5.9L V8

I was traveling about 5 miles an hour thru a parking lot when all of a sudden the car sped up drastically. I slammed in the brake and noticed that the cruise lite on the dash had come on. I left of the brake and it continued to speed up. I hit the brake again and then shut the Durango off. Scared the HELL out of me. I restarted the Durango and it hadn't done it again but its only been driven a few miles since this has happened. WTF???

Anyone have this happened to them in the auto??

- , Lakelure, NC, USA

Jun 152006

Durango SLT 5.2L V8

I couldn't recall if I posted this problem already or not. The cruise control on the Durango works intermittently. Oddly, it seems to work more often in the cold of winter than the heat of summer. I depress the "on" button, and the cruise light won't even come on. Obviously you cannot "set" the cruise then unless the it's active.

- , West Bend, WI, USA

Oct 162007

Durango POS 5.2L:L

Complaint #3: Cruise control stopped working. I had my PCM changed (another story) and all of a sudden, my cruise control will not work. It illuminates initially, but turns off shortly after. As luck would have it, my transmission started getting hung up in third gear every now and then. No slippage, just didn't want to shift. We pulled over on the side of the HIGHWAY, and shut the car off and after sitting for a few moments, we fired it back up and it worked fine. I'm suspicious of the throttle control and speed sensor parts. Filter and fluid are all brand new. Any clue?

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA