1. replace water pump (2 reports)
1999 Dodge Durango cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Durango:

1999 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jan 132007

Durango LX 5.9L

I loathe this vehicle.!!! Period!! It is the biggest beast, that thinks my pocket has no bottom. It has been a problem since I can not remember. with the experiences I have had, (new transmission, front callipers on more than 2 occassions, radiator, condensor, water pump, etc) I will never by another dodge as long as I can breathe.

- , Brookfield, IL, USA

Dec 282006

Durango SLT 5.2L V8

Not too terrible. Water pump bearings started to go, and truck was loud and annoying. Needed to replace water pump and serpentine belt for $311.61. Within a short time however, I needed to replace the hose off of it as well... likely due to age.

- , West Bend, WI, USA