9.0

2. replace the positve battery cable to the power distributor (1 reports)
1999 Dodge Durango electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Durango:

1999 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Oct 232016

Durango SLT 5.2L

I have a 1999 Dodge Durango, and I love it!! But about 2 months ago its started stalling while driving any time anywhere, I did the same things everyone else did, started changing sensors and the PCM. $600.00 bucks later it was still doing it. the I read anther post on this site where the person said to check the battery cables. so I did, the cable looked good but I cut the insulation off and it was corroded on the inside, so I replaced it and it has run fine every since. so I would say start with that if you are having this problem, its only about $20.00 bucks.

- , Waynes Ville, MO, USA

Sep 012015

Durango

I have a 1999 Dodge Durango, it's had several annoying issues over the last five years of me owning it. The latest and most serious... it will shut off while driving it, interstate, highway, city street or while waiting in a drive through. It will start back up, directly after, so far. This is very dangerous and can't seem to figure the exact issue or fix it. The battery is good, new tune up, tried new gas and took it to a mechanic. They said it was a sensor, replaced it for $120. As soon as I left it was doing the same thing. I took it right back and they cannot figure the problem or figure the code. I am so frustrated and disappointed. Any suggestions or similar issues?

- , Des Moines, IA, USA