7.4

2. had the solenoids inside the trans fixed (8 reports)
  3. had the speed sensor replaced (7 reports)
  4. aamco says replace / rebuild entire trans (2 reports)
  5. replace governor sensor & solenoid, rerouted spark plug wire (2 reports)
  6. replace oil & filter with ATF 4 Plus every 37000 miles (2 reports)
1999 Dodge Durango transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Durango:

1999 Dodge Durango Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jul 152006

Durango SLT

Car would not shift properly. Also, will not go into park. Warranty expired. Gonna try to trade it for something other than a Dodge product. P. O. S.

- , Naperville, IL, USA

Jun 012006

Durango SLT

In the morning I stop at a stop sign, hit the gas and nothing for a second. Then it kicks into gear and jerks the truck forward.

- , Copperas Cove, TX, USA

Jan 172005

Durango

Durango tranmissions don't work-period. We have had 4, yes, 4 rebuilt transmissions!!! This has been happening about every 15,000 miles since 28,000. It shift gears like a monkey driving a manual transmission. We have had problems with it slipping in EVERY gear. I don't think this transmission is fixable because it was never built right in the first place.

- , Savage, MN, USA

May 142004

Durango

I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY 99 DURANGO SHIFTING INTO A HIGHER GEAR FROM A STOP (FELT LIKE I WAS PULLING MY SNOWMOBILE TRAILER) I HAD THE SPEED SENSOR REPLACED IN THE TRANSMISSION AND NOW I EVEN GET BETTER GAS MILEAGE. IT DIDNT SHOW UP ON ANY COMPUTER TESTS UNTIL THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON. ITS ONLY A $26.00 DOLLAR PART AT AUTOZONE. I HAD IT DONE AT A GARAGE FOR $100.00 HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!!

- , Greenville, WI, USA

Apr 292004

Durango

Here it is @ 75000 miles and its doing it again. Now its another $500 to fix the solenoids again. This really torques my ass.

- , Terre Haute, IN, USA

Apr 282004

Durango

I had the problem of hard shifting @ 60000 miles and sent it to the dealer for the fix. They replaced some solenoids in the tranny and it worked like a dream until 75000 miles when it broke again

- , Terre Haute, IN, USA

Dec 112003

Durango XLT

The transmission is not shifting to higher gear. It is a pain because last year we had it serviced and again this year, now this problem.

I KNOW THERE ARE MORE CASES OUT THERE, PEOPLE JUST ACCEPT THESE PROBLEMS AND PAY FOR THEM.

- , Mount Vernon, WA, USA