1. repaired ball joint/brakes (1 reports)
  2. replace front hub and bearing assembly, axle shaft, ball joi (1 reports)
1999 Dodge Durango wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Durango:

1999 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Apr 062008

Durango SLT 5.2L

My wife was driving home from my brothers house with 3 kids in the car going 65-70mph down the highway when the front wheel just about fell off, only held on by the bottom ball joint. Luckily my dad was following and could give them I ride home while he waited for a tow truck. Had my friend fix at his auto repair shop. Said these wheel hub and bearing assemblies will fail with little or no warning. Can't back the bearings with grease like you would with most cars. Now on Autobeef I see someone mentioned there was a recall on these?? The other side just puked too, but as I was pulling in the driveway it just started grinding.

- , Neenah, WI, USA

Jul 182006

Durango 5.2L

Why aren't we calling in these problems to Daimler Chrysler. my passenger tire fell off the one time and when i called them they said the recall was only for Durangos 2000 and newer, go figure my car is a 1999 Durango. i was sooo mad. I am so sick of this car. right now it is sitting in my driveway because it wont start. aaahhh i hate this. i love my Durango the look of it but the performance sucks. i can not afford the repairs right now. why don't we contact Daimler Chrysler then they might put these repairs on a recall and help us out. this sounds like a problem with the manufacturing of this vehicle.

- , Boyertown, PA, USA