2. keep replacing radiators (1 reports)
2000 Dodge Durango cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Durango:

2000 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Oct 012009

Durango SLT 5.9L

I had changed the water pump at around 130000km and still get that engine coolant smell since. Seems like it's may be slowly leaking from a gasket close to water pump. It's been like that for 2 years now. Doesn't leave any traces but smell is annoying. doesn't seem to affect engine either since I keep adding liquid every now and then.

- , Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Apr 132006

Durango SE

During the past 2-1/2 years I have had repetitive overheating problems and have had to install 4 replacement radiators. The vehicle is now running hot again and losing fluid and I can't figure out why this problem keeps recurring. I have checked for electrolysis and cannot find out why I keep eating radiators in this vehicle.

- , Hammond, LA, USA

Jan 142005

Durango SLT

Engine coolant level drops and I can smell a leak but it can't be found. The mechanic said it must be head gasket or cracked head. This has not caused any problems other than topping off the coolant once a month. I have put up with this for over 20000 miles because I don't want to spend anymore money on this vehicle!

- , Ellinwood, KS, USA