1. replace all the belt locking mechanisms (1 reports)
2000 Dodge Durango seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Durango:

2000 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Apr 062007

Durango SLT 5.9L

I have 3 boys that are all under the age of 12 years old and I have to put 2 of them in and out of the belts myself because they are too hard to work. The younger boys are 6 and 7 and they cannot put the belt in the mechanism and they cannot unbuckle them either. In England, they build their roads right next to water ways and if we were ever to get into an accident, role the vehicle into the water, I would have to try and save my two younger boys as they would be stuck. This problem almost made me lose it and I nearly junked the truck as I would never resell this piece of you-know-what!

- , Hollywell Row, UK, UK