6.0

2. one solution is tilt the steering column up (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Durango accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Durango:

2001 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Nov 142007

Durango SLT 5.9L

2001 Dodge Durango the radio and turn signals do not come on when it is cold.

- , Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Jan 032007

Durango SLT 4.7L V8

On My 2001 Dodge Durango the radio does not come on when it is cold.The safety part of this is that when this happens the signals do not work either which to me should be a god damn recall.

I am taking my truck in to the dodge dealer on April 8/08 so we will see what happens.

Thanks for listening

Paul from Ontario

- , Ayr, Ontario, Canada

Jan 022008

Durango Sport V8 Magnum

turn signals, radio, and maybe other electrical stuff turns off - this is dangerous!

- , Lewistown, MT, USA

Feb 042007

Durango V8

My radio will not work on cold mornings if the temperature is less than about 52 degrees F. If I turn the heater on, the radio will usually come on after 5 or 10 minutes. Sometimes, I can bump the bottom of the dash and it will come on. The problem ONLY occurs during the winter time and only if the temperature is less than about 52 degrees F. Sounds like it may be a cold solder joint to me, but haven't taken the time to dig into the problem.

Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

- , Bainbridge, GA, USA