4.0

1. replace swaybar bushings (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Durango suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Durango:

2002 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Dec 122004

Durango SXT 4X4

I have a 2002 Durango with 75,000 (relatively trouble free) miles. However, I started to have the Front End Squeeking. The dealer claimed it was the ball joints and/or front shocks, but I felt it was something else in the front end. Being an engineer (and a backyard mechanic) I poked around to see what I could find. While someone pushed on the front end of the truck, I climbed under and listened for where the squeek was coming from. I was pretty confident that it was coming from the front swaybar bushings. I sprayed a little WD-40 into each of the 4 bushings. Lo and Behold the squeek went away! Of course, this little lubrication didn't last too long. I replaced the bushings and have been squeek-free for at least 1 year.

My suggestion, bring your Durango to a reputable garage and have the bushings checked and/or replaced. If you use the same lubrication method like I did, you can find out yourself before you bring it to the garage. The whole job should be under an hour to do and the bushings are relatively inexpensive.

Good Luck!