9.3

1. replace transmisssion (2 reports)
2002 Dodge Durango transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Durango:

2002 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jul 272015

Durango SLT 4.7L

Every since I had my 2002 Durango had so much trouble with the motor stalling. Shift cable broke, power steering pump went out 2 times, sway bar bushing bad.

- , Morristown, TN, USA

Jul 022010

Durango

I BOUGHT MY DODGE DURANGO ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO..I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH IT UNTIL THIS YEAR..I TOOK MY TRUCK TO A MECHANIC CAUSE MY TRUCK WAS NOT CHANGING GEARS WHEN I WAS DRIVING AND IT FELT VERY LAZY.SO MECHANIC WORKED ON TRANSMISSION.CHARGED ME 1,000 DLS..AND THIS WAS ABOUT 5 MONTHS AGO AND NOW THE TRUCK WON'T GO INTO PARK..BROUGHT TO A DIFFERENT MECHANIC AND HE OPENED THE FIRST PART OF THE TRANSMISSION AND HE SAID THERE'S LITTLE ALUMINUM PARTS...POSSIBLY HAVE TO REPLACE TRANSMISSION.ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH DODGE AND THEIR CRAP..

- , Everett, WA, USA

Aug 192009

Durango SLT 5.9L

I pissed off because I had already taken the car in 3 yr ago and had the transmission rebuilt by dodge and now it's not working. the transmission will not go into park. I never in my life owned a car for 7 yrs. and have to replace the transmission twice within 3 yrs. and now dodge is saying it's not their problem and it's not under warranty. When clearly I thought that it was and now Im stuck up the creek without a paddle. They really need to get their sh*t together.

- , Fremont, CA, USA