2002 Dodge Durango wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Durango:

2002 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Aug 162006

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

Have had numerous tread breakages, the tire tread is fine, dealer stated all tires are dry rotted.

- Lansing, IL, USA

Aug 192005

Durango

We were driving approx. 70mph on interstate 20 in Georgia near greensboro exit. The tread separated from our left rear tire and sent us out of control on the interstate highway. This was at 5:30 P.M. on Friday August 19, 2005 in busy traffic.we were headed across the median when my husband jerked the wheel to the right and we hit the guard rail on the right side of the highway. We bounced back into traffic and he swerved again to the right and we hit the guard rail again and came to a stop. This is the most horrific experience of our lives. My 11 year old has whiplash and bad headaches. I have knee problems and all of us have emotional trauma issues. Please look into this very closely. I noticed other complaints here in this website. They are P245/75R16 long trail ta.

- Aiken, SC, USA

Jun 212003

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

I had a Goodyear wranglet tire failure at highway speed. Without notice the tread separated from the sidewall causing an out of control condition. Luckily, I was able to get the 2002 Dodge Durango stopped safely. I was shocked to see the tread totally separate from the sidewall (3 total pcs 1 ea sidewalls and 1 tread). I went to Goodyear they said I picked up a nail or something causing a flat. I'm sorry but I have had flats in the past. When you pick up something and get a flat you loose air pressure and are able to slow down and fix tire, not explode. I filed a complaint with the Ohio atty. General who passed it to the better business bureau. They said they are just a middle man without power to resolve. At this point I want to file a complaint against Goodyear tire. I would like 4 different tires I would also be willing to pay for used portion of tires ( just what is used not 75% Goodyear std). When the tire exploded it also caused some minor damage I would like fixed. I do have the tire in my possession and I am able to supply anything you might need. I.e. tire, pictures.

- Copley, OH, USA