2. replace vacuum hoses (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Durango engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Durango:

2003 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

May 052010

Durango EXL 5.0L

The check engine light comes on and stays on for 1-2 months, then goes off. The last time it came on I had just gone through a emissions test (10/17/11) and of course it passed. The following day (10/18/11) the light came back on. All fluids are full. Is this a Chrysler method to gain revenue???

- , Nokesville, VA, US Minor Outlying Islands

Jun 012008

Durango SXT 4.7L V8

The check engine light on these vehicles is a complete waste of time. The only way to fix it is to put a small piece of black electrician's tape over the light so it is no longer visible. I tried to take the car to the dealer before I did the research on this issue. The slimy Sh*thead service sales guy did his job very well. He acted concerned got me on a schedule for repair. He called me when it was finished and told me some lie about leaking air exhaust coming from somewhere that probably didn't exist. I paid the required $350 and the light came back on less than 1 week later. That light has been on for over 2 years. The best part is, after the light came back on..... the dealership wanted me to bring the car back so they could diagnose it again for another $60. After doing research I found out that light is only exhaust issues. Its not as important as the dealership wants you to think it is. They just want you to spend money. Welcome to America.

- , Belcamp, MD, USA

Jul 272007

Durango ES V6

Took my 2003 Dodge Durango into the Nashville Dodge dealership on 3 separate occasions since I purchased this SUV in March, 2007 due to engine light coming on.

They fixed it 3 times and stated there was a "leak in the vacuum hoses". I asked the service manager how much all the vacuum hose would cost and he said I would have to pay approx $400-500 to replace all vacuum hoses. Told him I cannot afford it so instead they replaced only the part that is "split". (They even gave me a small piece of the hose.) Now my engine light is on again and I am very upset about having to take it in to them again. Very aggravating to be without my car all day again. Want something done so the vacuum hoses are finally repaired. Would like to have the whole "vacuum hoses" replaced, not just repair a small portion of it.

- , La Vergne, TN, USA