4.5

2003 Dodge Durango exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Durango:

2003 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Sep 242004

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

As a follow up to ODI # 10100538, since my initial complaint filed on on November 25, 2004 sheehy replaced the evaporation canister on my vehicle. On January 5, 2005 the check engine light came on once again. My vehicle is currently back in sheehy's shop. They now tell me that the gas tank needs to be replaced and that the vehicle is not safe to drive as the evaporation leak is excessive coming from the gas tank. They have put me in a rent a car until the new gas tank comes in. I haven't put 5,000 miles on it yet, it has less than 26, 000 miles on it and has been in the shop 6 times since I purchased it in March 2004 (purchased as a used vehicle). I want to know what recourse I have as everything done to this point has failed and I am afraid that once the gas tank is replaced that I may be in danger of something else failing in which case I may not be so lucky to live to tell or report it to anyone.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA