9.3

$2,600.00

1. new transmission (2 reports)
  2. rebuilt transmission (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Durango transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Durango:

2003 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Sep 122011

Durango SLT 5.9L

IT WAS VERY UPSETTING FOR THE TRANSMISSION TO GO OUT UNDER 100,000 MILES..I WAS DRIVING WITH MY GRANDSON IN THE TRUCK WHEN IT BROKE DOWN WITH NO WARNING AT ALL.....HAD TO WAIT FOR EVER FOR A TOW...I AM DISABLED AND COULD NOT WALK.....I HAVE FRIENDS ALSO THAT HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THIER DURANGO.....IF I HAD KNOW THIS BEFORE I BOUGHT IT I WOULD OF NEVER BOUGHT IT....NEVER SEEN ANY OTHER MAKE OR MODLE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEMS BEFORE 100,000 MILES...AND IT UPSETS ME CAUSE I KEEP UP ON ALL THE REGULAR MANTNANCE...VERY VERY VERY DISSAPPOINTED...

I WOULD NEVER TELL A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER TO BUY ONE....I THINK DODGE SHOULD FOOT THE BILL....I NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET...THIS IS BULLSHIT...BOOOOOOO ON DODGE DURANGO...AND I REALLY LIKED THE STYLE OF THIS SUV

- , Lorain, OH, USA

Sep 082008

Durango SXT 4.7L V8

1 week ago, I was just driving along and then my engine light came on. At the same time, I noticed that when I started out from a stopped position, it was very sluggish, like I was driving a semi truck or something. It felt as though I was starting in 3rd gear, and so I brought it to Aamco transmission. He checked it and said the control box was no good and some clip that goes around the clutch broke off. Basically, it needed a new transmission. I was like, what? At 50K miles?? Even the guy at Aamco was surprised and is drafting a letter for me on what was wrong. I am mad as hell. I am gonna write Dodge and get an attorney to fight this IF Dodge won't pay. This is bullshit. A transmission blown at 50K? Gimmie a break. I have never had to replace a tranny this early. Does anyone know if their is a recall on 2003 Dodge Durango Transmission??

- , Melrose Park, IL, USA

Jul 262007

Durango

Woooooooooohoooooooo..... finally got Durango back...10 days gone... no warning... trans just gave it up & needed towed. I have NEVER had a car need a trans replaced... and I've had cars much older than this. It's just wrong to have this many problems with a costly vehicle like a Durango.

- , Cleveland, OH, USA