CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.

The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have caught on fire.

Have we mentioned all the reports of complete engine failure due to oil sludge?

2004 Dodge Durango accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Durango:

2004 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Oct 042008

Durango

I own a 2004 Dodge Durango. We have one child in a booster, one in a forward-carseat and one in an infant carrier (getting ready to move into a rear-carseat). They just now fit in one row of seats and we are concerned that they will not fit when we move our daughter to her rear-facing carseat. My question is, is it safe to have all three in one row, and how are we expected to drive smaller cars when I barely have enough room to Transport my children.

- Shelby, MI, USA