- September 1: Fiat Chrysler Releases Buyback and Incentive Details
- August 30: American Car Owners Long For Horse and Buggy Days
- August 21: Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs Recalled Again
- August 4: Fiat Chrysler Sued in Canada for $5 Billion
- August 1: About 284,000 Dodge Chargers Recalled Over Sensitive Airbags
2005 Dodge Durango
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.
Worst 2005 Durango AC / heater Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.