- May 6: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Journeys To Fix Power Steering Fluid Leaks recalls | 19 days ago
- April 22: Chrysler Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 33 days ago
- April 2: Chrysler Recalls Ram 1500, Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee recalls | 53 days ago
- March 9: Fiat Chrysler Orders 3 Recalls to Fix 3 Problems recalls | 77 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 85 days ago
2005 Dodge Durango
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.
Worst 2005 Durango AC / heater Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.