2006 Dodge Durango electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Durango:

2006 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Dec 122010

Durango 8-cyl

06 Dodge Durango fuel tank not censoring and spilling out gasoline when a full tank is reached. The first time it done it, I was out seeing patients and the gasoline spilled out on my jeans. I had to stop at a walmart that was luckily nearby and purchase a pair of jeans, so I could continue working. Since then I have to watch my fuel gauge and when it rises above the 3/4 line I stop the pump and ease the gas in a little at a time. I look at the fuel gauge and it has a delay as to when it registers the gasoline that has been pumped. This is very aggravating, the estimate to get it replaced is anywhere from $850 to $1300. With as many complaints I see posted, there should be a recall issued. Also, the computer that controls the idle speed motor seems to be malfunctioning which causes my 06 Dodge Durango to stop running while in a low idle at stop signs and when slowing down to turn. This is estimated to cost $700 to $800 depending on which computer is bad. This is of most priority since I drive to other locations for my work.

- Mesquite, TX, USA