2006 Dodge Durango miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Durango:

2006 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Nov 132015

The sunroof shattered today at 0945 while driving 60 miles per hour on I5 southbound at milepost 114. I heard a loud bang and then the glass shattering.

- Lacey, WA, USA

Sep 222015

The Durango goes into 4 wheel lock for no apparent reason. The four wheel lock light keeps going on and off and clicking. The auto won't go anywhere untill I shift it back and forth - reverse - forward - when I first try to back it up there is a noice under the hood that sounds like a chain rattling. This has happened several times and I have had to the dealership at least 5 times. They can't seem to find anything wrong with it.

- Cary, IL, USA

Apr 022012

This Durango had spewed gas during fill up ever since purchased 11/2006, so I just tried to be careful when filling. April 2012, I had some rust fixed around the rear wheel area on the gas tank side. Did not really think too much about it at the time. 1/29/14 I had an inlet check valve replaced at the dealership due to notification from Chrysler and they said this could be a safety issue. Thought then that this defect is probably what caused my rust issue but I had had that fixed so did not think anything about it....until it started to rust again in the same area. This is a without a doubt caused by the faulty inlet check valve. I believe Chrysler intentionally did not notify their clients until the 100,000 mile rust warranty was up. They will not stand behind the resulting damage from the faulty inlet check valve.

- Dekalb, MO, USA

May 012008

Vehicle ran hot on this date, follwing the next day itshowed no problem. For the past 2 year at a stand still for about 5-10 minutes vehicle gage monitor is going up showing signs of running hot. I would imediately shut the engine off for about 1 minute. Then crank back up. The gage would go down back to normal status. If I come to another stop at a stop light it will go up again. Took vehicle to the shop several times to get it checked, accessor finds nothing wrong with it. It's a funny thing winter months my SUV would never run hot. Here in South Carolina it is getting hot and the problem has now started again. I have had 3 to 4 incidents with my vehicle running hot 2015 and is sure more are to come. As usual I shut the engine off to make the gage go back to normal. And yes the running hot light does come on. We just don't understand what is going on. I would like to know if there are others having the same problem and what should I do to fix it.

- Cheraw, SC, USA

Mar 232010

Sudden accleration when putting car in gear in drive or reverse on my 2006 Dodge Durango. I had a 2004 Durango that gave me the same problem years ago and when I brought it into the dealer to check it out was told they could find nothing wrong with the car. They said at that time that because the gas pedal and brake are so close together that I probably had my foot on the gas pedal at the same time as I was braking to put the car in gear and that this caused the acclearation. I thought that might be the case until it happened on my 2006 model at least 7 times since I've had it. What is my recourse?

- Salem, NJ, USA

Jul 222008

Vehicle is a 2006 Dodge Durango ltd 4WD vehicle's engine dies at low speeds either while turning or braking. Has occurred on multiple occasions. Engine always starts up again after occurrence. When this occurs the engine light will come on and will stay on for a period of time (time has varied from hours to days) but will then go off. The first time this occurred I brought it to a Firestone dealership who check the car, checked the error on the computer and turned off the engine light. Since the warning error was not specific nothing more was done. Since that time, it has occurred on at least two more occasions and has nearly caused wrecks because of the problem.

- O'fallon, MO, USA