2008 Dodge Durango engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Durango:

2008 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Apr 292015

While entering another highway from a ramp in cruise control, I attempted to accelerate. The gas pedal went to the floor by itself and the car accelerated at a drastic, unwanted rate. I could not turn the cruise control off using the off button and I slammed on the brakes and held them down and steered off to the side of the road with the engine revving at full speed. I let up on the brakes to see if it would stop, but the car accelerated again and I had to apply the brakes at full force and brought the car to a shuddering stop while holding the brakes down. While the engine was still revving at top speed, I put the car into neutral and only then would the cruise control button shut off. I was able to drive 800 miles with no further incidence by not using the cruise control and I will be taking it to a dealer in my area.

- Buena Vista, CO, USA