6.5

2013 Dodge Durango lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Durango:

2013 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Durango

"takata recall"sometimes after the car has been driven long or short drives and turned off for a short period of time, when I go to start the engine the starter will grind/engine turns over but will not start this issue was suppose to be taken care of in the summer of 2015. Dealer had our car for over two months waiting on parts but the issue is starting to occur again!(electrical) also I find at different times the interior lights/gauge lights/indicator lights that are on and stay on for a few miles like there is a short in the electrical system. Note: I have never had a recall on the electrical problem.

- Ashland, MO, USA

May 152012

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. While driving approximately 25 mph at night, the contact activated the passenger side turn signal and the interior and exterior lighting shut off. The contact pulled the vehicle over, turned off the turn signal and vehicle, and restarted the engine. Once restarted, the exterior and interior lighting resumed. The manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was diagnosed and repaired, but the failure recurred. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Vernal, UT, USA

Jun 012013

Durango 6-cyl

The dash indicator for the right turn signal began flashing rapidly. Upon inspection I found that the right rear turn signal was not functioning. Since my dealer is over 50 miles away I was able to easily remove the tail light and replace the bulb. Since that incident I have replaced 3 more bulbs. Today's replacement made me investigate more closely and found that the bulb was ok but it had tilted slightly. Manually moving the bulb caused the bulb to function again. Is the socket faulty? the right signal has never stopped working.

- Wyoming, IA, USA

Nov 092013

Durango

I have brought in the vehicle to the local Dodge service center in naples because the lights on the dashboard go off when the wipers are in use. All of the lights including the time / radio station become dim. On December 26th although the lights are set on automatic, the lights did not come on at night. We manually had to switch so that we would have lights. We have also on two-three occasions an issue with the transmission and/or accelarator. The RPM on the car where very high and the car was basically not going over 35-40 mph. Once parked and then put in drive again it worked ok until the next time it did it. The local Dodge service center claim they did not find anything wrong and initially blamed the light issue on a sunpass because they saw the suction cup marks. However the sunpass is not always in this vehicle and the times that lights have dimmed the sunpass has not been on.

- Naples, FL, USA

Mar 072010

Durango

Manufacture fog lamps with 24watt light bulb, creating illusion the regular headlamp too bright selection. Fog lamp bulbs are usually 45 to 55watts. Offroad 65 to 110watts plus. In other words the 24 watt should be maybe 42 watts. Thanks.

- Crescent City, CA, USA

Mar 032014

Durango 6-cyl

We have a 2013 Dodge Durango with aprox 1600 miles on it. I have noticed on two different days now that when I get into the vehicle and start it that the "reading lamps" that are up by the sunglasses holder located in the front top of the vehicle, I noticed that they are "on"... and I have to manually turn them off. Then on a different day I went to run errands, and I got in and out of the vehicle 3 times, and after all 3 occasions when I got back into the vehicle the lights were "on" again....there was no one in the car that could turned them on, and it was daylight outside every time. I'm not for sure what is going on but it worry's me a bit since I have seen these other people reporting lighting/electrical issues and possiable headliner fires! I see there is an open investigation with Chrysler about this or a similar issue....I would like to add my incident to this as well...hoping they can get this figured out and find a fix to the risk/issue.

- Palestine, TX, USA

Oct 162013

Durango 6-cyl

In March of 2013 I bought a brand new Dodge Durango and I've had an ongoing problem since I bought it. When I'm driving in the evening the reflection of other headlights, brake lights, and streetlights cause a shadow so that I have double vision of those images through my windshield. After several trips to the dealership for test drives and inspections they finally replaced the windshield. The new windshield is just as bad, when I went back to the dealership again they said this is how all the Durango windshields look and they even took me for a test drive in a new 2014 Durango to show me that this was how they all look. I am very frustrated, this is not acceptable the visibility is horrible and I feel the windshield is hurting my eyes. If they cannot find a solution to this problem I would like to return the car.

- Medford, NY, USA