4.0

2013 Dodge Durango steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Durango:

2013 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Aug 032016

Durango

For the past 2 months we have been having problems with this vehicle it's been stalling on me, weather if we are on the highway or in town. Now the amazing thing is that it comes back on, on its own without us touching anything on it, but on the mean time we lose the brakes and steering control at high speed on the highway. The dealer has done all the recalls on it in the past two weeks and still can¿T find the problem. I think this is something the government needs to look into it before someone dies and mention this because on my way to san antonio the vehicle die on me at 75 miles an hour and I had my family with me that day¿ I did some research on this vehicle and it seems that there are way too many Dodge vehicles with this stalling problem and the dealers can¿T figure out what's with them¿

- Del Rio, TX, USA

Jan 052016

Durango

Power steering fails, they have replaced pump and fluid still fails unable to turn the wheel without major force.

- La Quinta, CA, USA

Oct 262014

Durango 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. While driving 10 mph, the steering wheel seized and the windshield wipers activated independently. The contact also stated that the brake pedal seized and there was a burning odor. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the alternator and the transmission needed to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,024. Updated 12/9/14 the power train module failed and was replaced by the dealer. Updated 01/08/15

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

May 302014

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. While driving at an unknown speed, the brakes failed and the steering wheel became difficult to turn. The dealer suggested that the vehicle may be included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, they could not determine the cause of failure. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 6,000.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jan 072014

Durango

Vehicle has less the miles on it. Vehicle low tire pressure light came on. There was excessive vibration in the wheel and body which caused passengers and vehicle to shake. Dash board indicated that all 4 tires needed air. Took vehicle to have proper air pressure added to tires. Vibration remained. Made appointment at bosak Dodge in merillville Indiana. Service writer informed me I may have to pay for service if they didn't find anything. Got called next day that the TPMS light was back on and they added air but found no vibration. I informed service writer that the light was not on when I dropped it off. He informed me it was a common issue. Don't agree.

- Hobart, IN, USA

Jun 182013

Durango 6-cyl

Since day one of owning the Durango I have had a bad vibration in the steering wheel, larry H miller Dodge in avondale told me I had bad tires so I replaced the tires (@450 miles) then they told me that I had bad wheels so I replaced them with new tires and wheels. I still have the vibration and my vehicle has been in the dealer over 7 times now. Today lhmd service manager explained to me that they took wheels off of a new Durango on the lot and the vibration was worse, they went on to tell me that "all Durango's have this vibration". the vibration can be felt in the steering wheel and could cause loss of control of vehicle if vibration gets worse (or if defective part that is causing vibration fails). I would like to know where I should go from here.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Apr 012013

Durango 6-cyl

There is a bumping noise under the right floorboard that you can feel under your feet when applying the brake or turning can't figure out what it is....

- Center, TX, USA

Jan 312013

Durango

When stopping there is a clunk in front brakes or suspension. The clunk can be felt in the floor, steering column and brake pedal. Dealer replaced front pads and rotors, problem not fixed.

- Oak Park, IL, USA