2014 Dodge Durango brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Durango:

2014 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Sep 212016

I stopped a the light with no issue and once traffic begin to move the car in front of me placed their foot on brakes at about 20-25. In the middle of the next block and I did as well but the brakes did nothing but went straight to the floor. My foot is all the way down and still no stopping. I hit the car in front of me and as she moved to the left my truck was still in motion and ended up hitting the car in front of her as well which is what actually stopped my truck. The airbags also never deployed in the truck. The were thankfully no physical injuries but damage to the cars I hit as well as my own. This was a mechanical failure that could have been deadly had I been on the expressway where I was indeed headed.

- Riverdale, IL, USA

Jul 242015

1) when turning on ventilation seats - driver and passenger seat blow hot air instead of cool air. Caused a mild burn for driver and passenger. In service - wiring defect. 2) taillights (led) stopped working when driving and braking. Only turn on when in park. In service. 3) sunroof stopped working twice. Had to turn car in for service 2 times. First time worked with a replaced part. Waited over 2 weeks for the part to arrive. Then 2 weeks later, it broke. In service - wiring defect.

- Bothell, WA, USA

Jan 072015

Durango 6-cyl

First incident was trying to back out of driveway. Felt like brakes stayed applied and would not move, and had to be forced. Second incident was the next morning the brake peddle would not depress causing loss of brakes, and going right through a stop sign. Third incident was on the way to dealer. Stopped at a light two miles from dealer and brakes stayed completely locked up. I had to rev the motor to be able to pull off into a parking lot. Called for a tow, had an hour and a half wait to go a mile up the road. Finally, after sitting for an hour, the brakes released and we were able to get it to dealer. During this incident the park lock out did not work and the peddle had no downward movement. However, the dealer could not recreate any of the complaints leading them to try and send us home in it. I refused and insisted more be done to diagnose due to the unsafe possibilities.

- Hainesport, NJ, USA

Sep 102014

Durango 6-cyl

I received a recall from Chrysler on the brake booster possible failure several months ago. When I called my dealer, diehl Chrysler in butler pa I was informed they did not have the part for the repair and as of this date still have not received the repair parts from Chrysler. I received a second recall last week for sun visor wiring and once again I was informed by the same dealer they have not received the parts.

- Butler, PA, USA

Sep 062014

Durango 6-cyl

The brake pedal do not realize, the car still braking without touching the pedal. Almost crash from behind the car stop hard just put a small touch in a descending street. The car almost brakes totally and realized in any moment when accelerate, also crash because I was acceleration and realized, the car go so fast almost crash.

- Doral, FL, USA

Dec 032013

We pick up our new car on December 2, 2013. The following morning - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday" 8:30am we turn car on and all indicators and lights start flashing and ringing. We were unable to shift car out of park. Car is flat bedded and towed to Chrysler. Car stays at Chrysler until Friday December 6, 2013 December 6, 2013 - Friday " pick up car at 3:30pm after installation of new ABS module. Driven 2 miles and same problem as 12/3/13 occurs. Car is then driven back to Chrysler. Car kept until Monday, December 9th, and was informed that there was a loose bolt.

- Greenlawn, NY, USA

Jul 042014

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Durango. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the parts needed for the repair were unavailable. The dealer did not know when the parts would arrive. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Washington Township, MI, USA