2014 Dodge Grand Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan:

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Oct 082014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system) however, the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Agency, IA, USA

Feb 112015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Johnsboro, IL, USA

Jan 132015

Grand Caravan

I purchased the vehicle on 10-30-14 and took it to the dealer service dept. On 1-13-15 with the complaint the radio function / station /time display is so dim that it can not be readily be seen in daylight unless it happens to be shaded. On a bright sunny day, it is almost impossible to read it, even the time display is hard to read. I was surprised when the dealer told me it was normal. The safety issue is very clear to me. In order to even see the time, a driver has to take their eyes off the road and look at it for a longer than normal time. Same for seeing the radio function or station. Also a driver may shade the display with the right hand in order to see it. GM vehicles all have a bright clear display that can be seen in the strongest sunlight. I can say for sure that accidents are going to happen because people will be taking their eyes off the road and right hand off the wheel to see these radios. I consider this to be not only a major design defect, but a lack of common sense. Thanks

- Santa Teresa, NM, USA

Feb 072015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Vehicle was shutdown. When returned the engine would not start. After trying several options it failed to start. Waited about 5 min. And it started. Evidently the computer reset itself and cleared the problem.

- Commerce, TX, USA

Jan 152015

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to provide a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 04/07/15 the consumer stated he went back to the dealer and they returned the vehicle to him, in 10 minutes. The consumer did not believe they completed the recall. Updated 05/12/15

- Pinsom, AL, USA

May 012014

Grand Caravan

We received a notice of the rear quarter vent window switch safety recall in may of 2014, indicating that there was an issue and that we'd be contacted again when repairs could be addressed. We did not receive another notice until January 2015, which said we'd need to contact our dealer to schedule a repair. When contacting our dealer, multiple times... they finally told us that they're getting about 2 parts per week... and there is a backlog of over 20 people on the list ahead of us. This amount of time to resolve a safety issue is unacceptable. Please help address this so that the process may be improved.

- Madison Heights, VA, USA

Jan 222014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure. Updated 4/21/15 the vehicle was repaired. Updated 04/23/15

- Spring, TX, USA

Aug 012014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I have received a safety recall notice (P25/NHTSA 4V-234) for our 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan rear quarter panel window switch. Our vehicle was taken in during the summer months to stew hanson Dodge in clive, ia. The switch was disconnected, and I have been awaiting further contact from them ever since. I have inquired to them on multiple occasions about the status of the new part and when they will completely fix the issue. Each time, I am told by their service department that they do not have any new parts, and will contact me as soon as they have them. I feel that 6 months is a sufficient time frame to have this fixed, think it is unacceptable that this has not been taken care of sooner. Meanwhile, I haven't been able to use the window in my vehicle because of this. I would like to have a remedy to this problem as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.

- Winterset, IA, USA

May 152014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I took my vehicle in as requested for Chrysler recall # P25 back in May 2014 and they disconnected the switch and we are still waiting for the fix"?"

- Naples , FL, USA

Dec 012014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Our 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan is exhibiting the same symptoms as those presented in recall P64/NHTSA 14V-632 and investigation with NHTSA action number: DP14004. The air bag light comes on frequently, the low tire pressure light comes on frequently and the traction control light comes on frequently. The van is a wheel chair accessible van. I contacted the dealer where I purchased the van, which is a specialty company, not a Dodge dealer. They instructed me to contact Dodge. The local Dodge dealer stated my van does not fall under the recall, even though it's having the same symptoms. I am bringing it to the dealer where I purchased it so they can look it over again, but they can't do recall work. My van is at risk of catching on fire while I'm transporting my disabled daughter.

- South River, NJ, USA

Jun 112014

Grand Caravan

Have received two recall notices P25/ NHTSA 14V-234 (rear quarter window switch may overheat); the first in June 2014 and the second January 2015. Local dealer says the parts have not yet been made available to dealers. This seems like an unreasonable amount of time for parts to be made available.

- Northbrook, IL, USA

Jan 062015

Grand Caravan

I received a second recall notice letting me know that Chrysler had found a repair for recall P25/NHTSA 14V-234 and to call my dealer to schedule a repair. When I called the dealer we usually use (nikles in petersburg, il) the very rude service guy told me that they did not have the parts in, did not know when they expected them, and would not order them. Basically, refusing to do the required recall repair. I had to call another dealer and they were very nice and explained that I needed to bring the car in and they would need to quickly check and see if I had a green or blue switch and then they could order the part and complete the repair. I tried to call the number provided by Chrysler to report the first dealer refusing to do the repair and had to listen to an outdated recall message (from before they found a repair and were just disabling) and then waited almost an hour on hold before hanging up and trying this website.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Jan 052015

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Caravan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Linden, MI, USA

Jun 172014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Armada, MI, USA

Dec 102014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). However, the part needed to the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 1/21/15 updated 01/26/15

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Dec 052014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

How come we were notified of what appears to be a fairly simple recall at least 6 months ago (to replace a window switch) and nothing has happened. It appears that this recall along with many others are just being ignored by the car companies. Is there no time limit or enforcement with these recalls? my feeling is that if the car companies can wait long enough these cars will age-out and go away.

- Green Forest, AR, USA

Jun 182014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

Received a recall from Chrysler in June 2013. I have been waiting for parts since then. Dealer says there is nothing they can do except remove the switch and disable the windows. Recall title was rear quarter vent window switch recall# P25/NHTSA 14V-234.

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Sep 092013

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact stated that the front driver side electric window control panel intermittently heated and created an electrical shock upon starting the vehicle. Also, while in the front passenger seat, the window panel area was warm and burned the contact's arm. The contact did not require medical attention. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The part needed for the repair was not available and the dealer was unable to indicate when it would become available. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 20.

- Auburn, NE, USA

Sep 262014

Grand Caravan 6-cyl

I came out of my house on Friday morning (09/26/2014) to find my van parked in my carport with the engine running. Apparently my car had started the engine and ran for about 20 minutes by itself with no human interaction, this is strange because I do not have a remote starter and it does not have the ability to start on its own. As I approached the car I could see that there was no key in the ignition and that the doors were still locked. I have 2 key fobs, both were in my possession, and using one of the key fobs I was able to unlock the drivers door. There was no sign of forced entry, I am the only one living at my residence and no one else had access to the car keys. I found the ignition switch was in the off position so I inserted the key fob and turned it to the on position an back to the off position several times but the engine continued running. I called the dealership that sold me the vehicle and talked with 2 different service technicians but neither one could offer an explanation. They asked me to bring the vehicle in for service, which I did and I am currently waiting on the disposition. After I got off the phone with the service technician the car stopped running and I was then able to use the key fob to turn on the ignition and to start and stop the vehicle normally. I have owned the van about 3 months and prior to this event I noticed that my power door locks were open sometimes after I had left the car locked. Up until this incident I had assumed that I accidently mashed the unlock button on my key fob while it was in my pants pocket, but now I am not so sure.

- Sullivan, MO, USA

Apr 072014

Grand Caravan

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part was not available for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Riverhead, NY, USA