Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: I hope I can stop you from buying this vehicle before you find out that it won't be able to stop you.

2010 Dodge Journey engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Journey:

2010 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Jun 172015

I have been experiencing frquent shut offs and not cranking. After numerous visit to dealer nonone could find the cause. In June 2015 I received a recall letter. The Dodge dealer put me on a waiting list and as of tofay they still have trouble getting the part. The problem is getting more frequent and I am at my wits end. Please help

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 022015

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was coasted to the side of the road and restarted normally. On numerous occasions when parked, the vehicle failed to start until after several attempts. In addition, while driving over 50 mph, the vehicle would vibrate violently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The battery and starter were replaced however, the failure persisted. The technician also informed that there was a suspension failure with the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Oakridge, TN, USA

Sep 092015

The vehicle has a very late shift in the transmission. So therefore when getting off ramps to hwys won't pick up the momentum it needs for a mile or two down the road. I see can cause an accident. I was told by the dealership this is normal. I have drove and owned many of cars. I have even had one that had a transmission that was going out and it did better then this car. I am making this complaint because I would hate to see an accident happen due to this very late shift in the transmission.

- Vicksburg , MS, USA

Jul 012015

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving at any speed, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was placed in neutral and was able to restart. The failure recurred four times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed but the technician could not find the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 61,000.

- Manorville, NY, USA

Aug 102015

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle stalled and the steering ability seized without warning. The vehicle was merged to the side of the road and then it was driven to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 202015

My 2010 Dodge Journey SXT shut down on me 5 time on the highway. At diffent time I took it to the Dodge dealer in wilmington nc but they said that nothing is wrong with if nothing wrong with it why did it shut down on me.

- Riegelwood, NC, USA

Jul 012015

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle began to jerk and the rpms increased to 4,500. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the throttle body control module would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of failure. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 262012

Esp bas engine lights came on while driving on highway. Stopped, turned car off and waited 5 minutes. No lights came back on, car ran fine.

- Valparaiso, NE, USA

Feb 012011

I bought my car December of 2010 and since owning it has been nothing but issues. I did have some things fixed right after purchase and others they said they saw no issue. My vehicle keeps loosing coolant and was overheating which not burnt my reservoir, my car doesn't always start which has happened since I purchased, door lock doesn't work on driver door, and horn was sounding while driving and alarm was constantly going off until I removed fuse, and fuse box always has a clicking noise. I am not the only one with issues with this vehicle I have seen manau with similar issues and they are all extremely dangerous especially with children in the car. Also my car made a terrible growling noise and I had transmission replaced. Please help get these investigated it's terrible. Never again will I purchase a Dodge or advise anyone to do so. Would be a great car if it didn't always have these issues. Just want problems addressed for all owners so they can enjoy a car they bought with their families.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Apr 292015

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled while driving at an unknown speed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer on several occasions where the head gaskets, engine, and engine sensors were replaced, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the the head gaskets and the engine were replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Romulus, MI, USA

Feb 242015

Journey 6-cyl

Engine stalled while driving causing loss of power steering & power brakes. Diagnosis revealed that engine would stall if key was moved slightly. Could have caused a serious accident. Superstition springs Chrysler replaced the win module at a cost of $492.46. How many people have to die or be injured before the manufacturer accepts responsibility, initiates a recall and takes care of the problem at no cost to the vehicle owner?? I believe that Chrysler Corp should reimburse me for the cost of this repair.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Dec 012014

This is the worst vehicle I have ever bought. I purchased in 2012, it was a little over 1 year old. Multiple issues since then. Most recent, I replaced an engine. An engine in a 2010. I took my car to kahlo Dodge in Indiana. Worst dealer service ever. Rude and unprofessional. They replaced a cluster and 1 hour later we were back at Dodge for the same issue. Then the service manager said Chrysler supplies defective parts. Wow. Is this ok to do...we pay thousands for a vehicle and Chrysler supplies defective parts"?" we take it back and they fix yet again. Hours later, you guessed it we are back again and they tell us they can't do anything because they are closed. We take it back this Monday after they let us drive off in an unsafe vehicle and they tell us it's the breaks and said it was going to be $700. Then they take it apart and say its not that put it back together test drive it and tell us it's the master solenoid and it will be $1000. I have had enough of Dodge. I called the helpline only for them to tell me a supervisor will call in 1 business day. 4 business days later I call them back and get a"supervisor" who will "look into " my issues. I am done. Filing a law suit, calling local tv stations, enough Dodge!!! do the right thing, read these posts and fix these issues. We spend a lot of money on your crappy product only to be gouged over and over. Your recalls never end. Your service is horrific. Maybe yet another class action will solve this. They have so many I am sure one more is expected. I guess doing the right thing in America has ended for the Chrysler company!!!

- Fishers , IN, USA

Jul 102014

Journey 6-cyl

Purchased vehicle Dec 2012, May 2013 horn on vehicle goes off in middle of night, turn car on and then off and horn stops. May 2013 driving down road and horn starts going off. Take car to stanely dealership May 29 2014 and they can not find anything wrong with horn. Horn continues to go off, take fuse out of fuse box. July 2014 battery was dead, replaced battery July 2014. 2-3 wks later battery was dead again. Took to dealership in gatesville tx and they stated the could not find why battery was drained. Took battery back to vendor and was replaced. 2 months later battery dead again, took car to dealership and they recharged battery free of charge. Dec 12 2014 driving car at 6:20 am 1 block from house car turns off going 30 miles per hour. Had to come to complete stop put in park and car restarted. Dec 16 2014 battery is dead, go and buy new battery at walmart. Dec 20 2014 daughter borrows car and claims the car shut off on her on the hwy in town going 40 miles per hour. Jan 20 2014 afternoon after pick up son from school, driving 30 miles per hour and car shuts off while driving. Take car into dealership Jan 24 2014, mechanic claims Monday morning car battery is dead. Told mechanic everything going wrong with vehicle, they can not find why the battery is draining also stated the horn switch needs to be replaced. They reboot tipm and the wcm. Pick up car 1/27/2015 take battery back to wal-mart 1/28/2015 and replace and install. Feb 9 2015 pull out of drive way and get about 100 feet and car shuts off, restart and proceed. That afternoon car shuts off on the way home from work while driving 15-20 miles per hour on street. Return car to dealership they still can't find what is wrong with vehicle battery dead, they recharge battery. Feb 23 2015 battery dead. Taking to a different mechanic Feb 28th.

- Copperas Cove, TX, USA

Sep 012014

Journey 4-cyl

Car covered under recall was repaired before I brought it, but now the problem is happening again. I called Chrysler, they agreed to fix it, but said the needed parts were on back order and had no ideal when the need parts (ignition switch and retention ring) would be back instock!!!) chryser said my VIN # didn't show up because it had been repaired before I brought it, but they would add me to the list for repair, but they don't know when the parts would be available...I can't drive my car because of the ignition switch and retention ring problems!!!

- Knightdale, NC, USA

Aug 182014

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that intermittently the vehicle failed to start. The contact mentioned that eventually the vehicle would resume normal function. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The dealer stated that the starter was defective and would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. The failure progressed and the vehicle began to fail to accelerate and sometimes stall while driven at low speeds. The vehicle was taken again to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- Marina , CA, USA

Mar 242014

Journey 4-cyl

Car would not start. Turn the key to start and hear a few clicks, nothing would happen. All the lights would come on and radio but no start. Only happened on occasion at first maybe once or twice a month. Would let it sit and try again and would start. Over the past 8 months its gotten to the point now that it has to sit 4-6 hours before it will start sometimes longer, had the starter checked, the alternator and replaced the battery. No check engine light comes on. Have had to have it towed multiple times and after sitting overnight. Would start the next morning just fine like nothing happened.

- Parma, OH, USA

Nov 272014

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving at 75 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the electrical module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 117,640.

- Frazee, MN, USA

Nov 112014

Journey 6-cyl

My car stalled again, going to get coffee I want Chrysler to fix my car they have been blowing me off, and Nissan South in morrow, ga treats me like I'm crazy.

- Forest Patk, GA, USA

Nov 092014

Journey 6-cyl

Again my car stalled on my way home from work, Chrysler knows my car is defective I want them to fix it.

- Forest Park, GA, USA

May 012014

First our brakes were grinding and had to replace rotors and brakes, next the oil pan leaked, next full battery replacement and now overrated engine and coolant pouring out the bottom!!! no one will help us this car is a lemon and they should be recalled. I have to small children that depend on me having a car. Dodge should be ashamed!!!

- Manteca , CA, USA