7.9

2. flush engine (2 reports)
  3. replace defective mode door servos (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 212011

Ram 1500 360

This is my second Dodge Ram and there is a problem with rust around the fender and the heater rust underneath the truck. Dodge should have a recall on this truck. You see several trucks with the same problem.

- , Lehighton, Pennsylvania, USA

Oct 212012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9

I have no heat on the driver's side and is only on the passenger side.

- , Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Oct 222012

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

I have owned 3 Dodge Rams 1500. This 2002 has given me more problem's than the othe two put together. I have a cracked dash. My heater started blowing cold air out the drivers side and warm on passenger side. Now I have nothing. Blower is blowing the air somewhere inside the dash. You can't even feel it at the defroster. Guess it's keeping the stereo cool and warm. There are way too many people having this same problem for Dodge to just sit back and do nothing. IT'S RECALL TIME GUY'S. Had planned on buying a new ram in the fall but after this rip off I may go with Chevy.These vehicles cost way too much money for so many owner's to be having the same da$$ problem.

- , Strawberry Plains, Tennessee, USA

Nov 072012

Ram 1500 5.9L

Drivers side heater blows cold air. Warm air on passenger side. Defective dash cracked and fell into defroster vents. Whats next? maybe a piece of plastic flying out of the heater vents,and maybe hitting me in the eye? Tell everybody you see to file a complaint on this site that has on of these trucks.

- , Mesick, Michigan, USA

Oct 172012

Ram 1500 Sport Quad 5.9L

Went for the cheapest fix and not sure why that worked but there is a service bulletin out about it. Dodge said there were no recalls on it but would document it.

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 142012

Ram 1500 ES 4.7L

i went and turned on my heater and it was blowing out cold air on the drivers side and hot air on passenger side.why isnt dodge standing behind their product and recalling this issue i think its bullshit that this is going on with a lot of people and they're not doing nothing about this issue and my dash board is cracked as well and they need to recall that as well i also have a dodge dakota and the dash is cracked and the paint is peeling of witch is bullshit as well. i think im going to move on and never buy dodge trucks and go with ford since dodge doesn't wanna fix these issues and not doing anything about and ive been a dodge costumer for 10 years now and they have never fixed these issues im having. ive always paid out of pocket for their screw ups and its not right and i think you need to do something about these issues chrysler. no wonder why your guys chrysler plant got shut down because you sell junk.

- , Festus, MO, USA

Jan 102012

Ram 1500

Heat will not come out of the vents anywhere on the drivers side,it justs blows cold air. Passangers Side and Driver Side never got warm except what the fire wall raidiatant heat but having a mild last winter helped out alot couldn't defrost for over 30 mins or more. Seems to me that this is a common thing from what i've read and why is Dodge Company not standing by their trucks and recalling it. I do have a nice AC flow how ever it blew a fuse last summer as well and replaced, wiring harness had to be replaced in april 2011 stink bugs ate threw the harness and the element burned them up odd?

- , Ranson, WV, USA

Nov 172010

Ram 1500 4.7L

Heat will not come out of the vents anywhere on the drivers side,it justs blows cold air. Passangers side does have heat but lacking in what it was last winter. Seems to me that this is a common thing from what i've read and why is Dodge Company not standing by their trucks and recalling it. It's obviously a defect!!!!

- , Jackson, MI, USA

Oct 012010

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7

Great truck, never any problems except no heat on drivers side, poor heat on passenger side

- , Wallkill, NY, USA

Oct 042007

Ram 1500 4.7L

I TRY TO PUT SOME HEAT ON MY FEET WHEN IT GOT COLD AND I ALL I GET IS HEAT BLOWING IN MY FACE FROM THE DEFROSTER. THIS SEEMS TO BE A COMMON PROBLEM FOR THE RAM 15OO TRUCKS. I HAD HEARD COMPLANTS FROM OTHER RAM OWNERS IN TRUCKS STARTING IN 2002. I ALSO OWN A 2002 AND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. YOU WOULD THINK THAT CRYSLER CORP. WOULD HAVE MODIFIED THIS HEATER DOOR TO METAL AFTER ALL THE COMPLANTS. I UNDERSTAND THE REPAIR WILL RUN ABOUT 700.00$, WHICH IN THIS ECONOMIC TIME I CANNOT AFFORD. MY WIFE DRIVES THE 2002 DODGE AND I DRIVE THE 2005. I GUESS WE JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT. WE TAKE CARE OF A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD, SO MY MONEY NEEDS TO GO TO HER CARE.

- , Yorktown, VA, USA

Oct 022010

Ram 1500

I have about 5 seconds of heat drivers side and low heat on passengers side when i turn on my heater blower. My engine temp. is 190-200 degrees both heater hoses at fire wall are hot.took dash apart all my actuators are responding to the control panel.I have owned many vehicles in my time and never had this issue before. So now i am forced to go to the dealer at $120.00 per hour.There motto is WE ARE THE RAM TRUCK SPECIALISTS. ( WITH EXPERT TRAINED TECHS) I feel that this problem should be a dodge recall.If not than i will only pay for the repair that fixes the problem.

- , Justice, ILL, USA

Sep 012008

Ram 1500 4.7L

Continuing issues with the heater system blowing cooler air out the driver side compared the the passenger side. Dodge techs never seemed to figure out the issue after weeks of working on my truck back in 2008/09 now the issue returned and of course Dodge will not put it under a warranty so I am out another $700. A very sad situation and a bad response from the dealer and Dodge in general. Also my Dash has been cracking for over a year which just adds to my anger.

- , Auburn, CA, USA

Dec 152006

Ram 1500 4.7L

The HVAC system has failed twice. The first time the air would only come out of the floor - on a warm day the AC worked and my feet were cold but I was very uncomfortable. Had a local shop repair it by replacing the defective servo motor a broken arm on the door. It worked fine until last fall when I tried to use heat. All the air now only comes out of the dash vents and the temp door must not be opening all the way as it took forever to get warm air out of the dash vents. I had to keep a rag in the truck to wipe the W/S as the defrost wouldn't work - luckily in So. Texas with a mild/short winter, I needed defrost only 4-5 times but I consider it a safety issue. I would get it repaired but the dash is cracked so badly it will come out in pieces and may not be able to re-install - which is another major issue.

This is a shame as I love the truck and it is in overall great condition and the 4.7L engine runs like a top but the HVAC system is a very weak system in this truck and with a POS cracked dash, next to impossible without doing more damage to the dash and I don't feel like I should have to purchase a new dash on a truck that is less than 10 years old.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 182009

Ram 1500 4x4 4.7L V8

I had no heat on the driver's side and plenty on the other side. I took it to the dealer were I bought the truck. They flushed the heating system and just kept coming back. The dealer finally got the problem fixed. They took the drain,freeze plugs out and flushed the engine with steam and hot water for a week and got all this reddish slim out of the block and a sandy substance. flush all the hoses and change the heater core, radiator and thermostat. For an week now it's been working like new again.................

- , Amherst, Ohio, USA

Aug 082007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

The only complaints i have for my truck is my heater does not work properly and the dash is cracked. for which both dodge needs to have a recall. they say they stand behind their trucks as we all have seen these problems are not problems to them. I am a diehard dodge fan, have been all my life. but dodge really needs to get a grip on this issue. thanks for letting me blow a little steam.

- , Brewton, Alabama, USA

Dec 022009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

There is no heat coming out the dash or floor on the drivers side. The defroster works across both sides. Took it to the place where I go now for service (since I won't go to the Dodge Dealers ever again. Different story), and they figure 5 hours of labor to take the dash apart.....they also cleaned mouse nests out of the air intake and filter system. It is really a pain to not have heat on these shivering cold days in New Hampshire!

- , Londonderry, NH, USA

Aug 142009

Ram 1500 4.7L

heater doesn't work on driver side and little on passenger it's winter and i'm cold i bought this truck used back in the summer and did not know about a heater problem

Update from Dec 21, 2009: not only does my heater not work on the driver side my defroster blows cold air not good in the winter

- , Paris, TX, USA

Dec 152008

Ram 1500 4.7L

No heat from driver's side vents - acceptable heat from passenger side vents. Very uncomfortable in the winter. Problem trying to defrost. Does anyone know solution?

- , Trenton, TN, USA

Nov 022007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L V8

My heat only work on the passenger side. No heat on the driver's side why?

- , Kokomo, IN, USA

Jan 262008

Ram 1500 4.7L

Heat will not come out of vents on drivers side only cold air. Passenger side is blazing hot. If you know how to fix it let me know please.

- , Dearborn Hgts, MI, USA