CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 has the well-known and documented problem with their dashboards falling to pieces, but it also has engine failure from oil sludge. That's a doube shot of awful in your morning coffee.

9.0

1. both had to be replaced (4 reports)
  3. replaced both bearing hubs (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Nov 062014

Ram 1500 PT 4.7L

I HAVE HAD BOTH WHEEL HUBS REPLACED 2 TIMES IN 2 YEARS, ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE THAT BREAKS OR RUST OFF. MY 1ST DODGE AND LAST DODGE I'LL EVER OWN. A REAL PIECE OF JUNK.

- , akron, OH, USA

Jul 302012

Ram 1500 5.9L

Both front wheel bearing hubs went out at the same time. first started to whine then rattle, then vehicle became undrivable with really bad vibrations. Had towed to a shop and they told me that if I had waited any longer the wheels could of come off and caused me to wreck.

- , Richland, MO, USA

Jul 012004

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

Had to replace wheel front bearings twice in 75000 miles. the last time it cost me $300.00 to replace. Chrysler would not even replace the first set because of past warranty.

- , Antwerp, NY, USA

Sep 082006

Ram 1500 Sport 4.7L

come on now Dodge, wheel bearings bad with 60,000 miles what kind of crap are you building, I have an old honda with 140,000 miles and never put a dime into it.. and you all want us to buy American.

- , New Baltimore, MI, USA

Aug 012008

Ram 1500 Thunder Road 5.9L

I traded my NO problem FORD 150 for this piece of junk I keep putting money into. I will never buy another one

- , Stevensville, MD, USA

Dec 142007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

Both front wheel bearings went out at same time! While getting that repaired, the mechanic advised that one of the lower ball joints was bad, also! No warranty coverage. Out close to $1000. Don't buy a ram 1500.

- , Fairmont, WV, USA