9.0

$3,000.00

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Sep 022012

Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L

My transmission is starting to slip, the ODLight has been blinking for a year or so, seems to happen more at speeds above 65 mph when lights starts flashing. Once it starts it stays on until I turn the truck off. I just replaced the front wheel bearing and now the ABS light is staying on, reset it once but only stayed off for few minutes. I've also started to hear a clunk coming from the rear axel so I'm not sure what is going on. I switched to a Ford because got tired of GMC intake gaskets costing me a small fortune, replaced three different sets at $800.00 a piece, they blamed it on the anti-freeze manufacturer which they decided to switch to. If tithe American auto makers don't stand up for their poor products and at least try and make a difference in helping on the repairs, I'm going to go foreign next time, at least they off a 100000 mile bumper to bumper and what I'm hearing they are doing pretty well.

I have my youngest daughter in a Kia and my youngest son in a VW. My older daughter had a Pontiac that also just seem to nickel dime her for ever with no support from GM.

Time for a change.

- , Grand Haven, MI, USA

Oct 192006

Explorer Sport Trac

Overdrive light started to blink . Took to dealer he said it might me a seal and their was a problem fix seal had two problem codes fix one the other did not go away . Then he said I would need a new or rebuild Transmission this is not Dealer fault Ford should fix at no cost only 54000 Miles had truck New . Dam

- , Pottsville, PA, USA