2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Jan 242012

Explorer Sport Trac 6-cyl

Faulty cylinder head causing a thrown spark plug, and a broken coil pack.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Mar 262007

Explorer Sport Trac 6-cyl

I was going back home to miami and my car 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac caught on fire at the exit of the midtown tunnel in New York city. The fire started in the front motor at the passenger side. The police used 3 fire extinguishers but all the effort they did was not enough. My car was completely on fire. The motor, the seats, all the interior was completely destroy by the fire. The fireman arrived after a few minutes, but it was to late. I bought this car cash brand new from sawgrass Ford in ft lauderdale Florida. I did not have full cover and I lost every thing.. I was in New York with my family and with no car to go back home.. I called Ford and they told me that they are not responsible for anything that happen to that car. I am sure this is not fair to me or to anybody. The car was a 2003 and only had about 46,000 miles.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 012003

Explorer Sport Trac

While driving the vehicle shut off.

- San Jose, CA, USA