CarComplaints.com Notes: Welcome to North America, Ford Fiesta. Thanks for bringing your herky-jerky transmission, numerous interior quality complaints, and an engine that dies while driving.

2011 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Fiesta:

2011 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 11 of 12)

Apr 052012

Fiesta 4-cyl

22 days plus additional 6 days: Told by Ford dealership mechanic that oil pan is leaking oil, and water pump leaking. Dye pen fluorescent light inspection shows front crank seal leak, inspection of engine block damaged threads. Replaced engine per Ford, removed transmission from engine, disassemble engine from engine mount, mount new short block and install, reseal components, re-time engine, install engine to transmission assembly, rechecked for leaks coolant and oil. Ford Fiesta broke down next day after I picked up car from Ford shop for 22 days, automatic transmission would not go into drive, reverse or neutral, called tow truck for help to get vehicle back to Ford mechanic, who still working on car. I am very disappointed with the quality of the 2011 Ford Fiesta, doesn't get 40mpg, gets 35mpg, does not accelerate when you need to kind of lags, then makes gurgling noise in the water pump. 2011 Ford Fiesta is not made in the usa and it shows, it's a lemon.

- Sedro Woolley, WA, USA

Aug 082011

Fiesta

I have a various problems with the transmission. It keeps having a grinding noise like it has a hard time going into gear. I have noticed that the problem is worse when trying to quickly stop as well as accelerating right after. The transmission problem is currently keeping the Fiesta in the shop right now but the dealership is saying that this problem is normal and there is no repair is available at this time. I have also had problems with the window not rolling up right. This was fixed but I think that over time it will start to be a problem again. The final problem is the sound system not being properly wired as I plugged my phone to charge and the radio stopped getting reception.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Feb 202012

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the vehicle surged forward and hesitated as if the vehicle was going to stall. In addition, the vehicle was slow to respond to acceleration and would often surge forward abnormally while accelerating at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where they advised the contact that there was a leak in the transmission. The vehicle was not repaired correctly and was inspected three times but the dealer was not able to provide a permanent remedy for the failure. The failure mileage was 3,000 and the current mileage was 4,086.

- Reno, NV, USA

Apr 252011

Fiesta 4-cyl

At crossroads Ford, prince george, Virginia: This 2011 Ford Fiesta...service engine soon light came on..dealership checked car tsb(power train central module-for transmission) only re-set/re-programmed transmission computer.(April 25,2011. On November 4,2011...I took vehicle back to morganton N.C.Ford dealership.. my Fiesta would not start and after 4 attempts to start the car it hesitated and started it jerked and sounded like it was badly missing....when driven to dealership the vehicle service engine light came on...it would not shift gears properly and the rpms went to 3000rpms before shifting into any gear. Dealership stated vehicle didn't have a problem and again re-programmed and up-dated the transmission computer. I was very upset. In December 22,2011: Transmission gears not shifting properly. I took vehicle to local morganton, N.C. Ford dealership...they tested the PCM..it passed.tested tcm passed all controls. Then tried to tell me...it was only a low-battery problem...but had to re-set the transmission computer a third time.then on February 25,2012...Fiesta hatch-back lock would not lock to stay shut. I promptly took vehicle to morganton, N.C. Ford dealership and the car is still there to be repaired and a part is on order. To fix this lock. I was given a rental vehicle. I intend to sue Ford Motor Corp via N.Carolina lemon law I am a very-dissatisfied customer>..my car is a piece of crap.

- Morganton, NC, USA

Dec 152010

Fiesta

I brought the car 6 months ago. In the beginning the car was hesitant after acceleration and lacked power on hills. About a month ago it started to make clucking noises. After the car started, it refused to engage in any gear. I would able to reverse and then finally drive after the car warmed up and numerous restarted. This happened numerous occasions and I attempted to fix the problem 3 times at the dealership. The dealership did not find anything wrong with the car on their diagnostics and they were unable to replicate the problem at the dealership. Finally, the dealership said the issue is the battery is low. Don't think this would solve the problem through...

- Keansburg, NJ, USA

Dec 282011

Fiesta

At a complete stop to turn right with brake pressed, the accelerator would not work as I took my foot off the brake and pressed the gas pedal. I was able to coast off the street turning right until eventually the car would accelerate. Very scary.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Nov 292011

Fiesta 4-cyl

Well my Ford Fiesta had less than 1800 miles on it when the transmission started chattering while holding a steady traffic speed of 30 mph after it warmed up. Now it does it bad between 30 and 55 mph, still after it is warmed up. It"S fine when it?S cold. Also twice after driving 2900 miles on the car, the transmission would not release when trying to stop at a stop light. It drove me through a red light, twice. It was as if I was driving a manual transmission car and forgot to put the clutch in. Scared me to death, but I?M forced to keep driving it. Took it to kline motors, a Ford dealership in winfield ks. They said they worked on it for 2 hours and charged me over $175 and did absolutely nothing I could tell except offer to replace the tranny for $5200. For 2 hours work they did not even up-date the computer that drives the transmission. I bet the mechanic never even touched it. Ford will not cover it because the car was in a very minor fender bender and the title was marked rebuilder. What a cop out. What ticks me off about kline?S is I told the service manger I re-built the car, which was nothing more than a front bumper cover and ac lines for the most part and all the parts were oem parts. I asked kline?S to check the VIN to make sure Ford would cover it, never checked it but said it would be covered to 36,000 miles and bring it in anyway. Why the car was flagged by the insurance company I have no idea, but Ford is sure using it as an excuse not to touch it. In any case I got a piece of crap Ford Fiesta that I?M scared to death to drive, but for now I?M stuck with it every day, and every day wondering if it"S going to drive me through another intersection to get hit by someone. If I was Ford I would be scared to death with these cars on the road. This should be a safety issue and the ntsb should force them to make a re-call for safety reasons.

- Udall, KS, USA

Aug 012011

Fiesta

I recently purchased a brand new 2011 Ford Fiesta. In the past 5 months I have taken it to the dealership I purchased it from 5 times because the transmission makes a loud grinding noise and lurches forward when I am on a hill or in stop and go traffic. I have contacted Ford directly and got the same response as when I took it to the dealer. They both say it is "normal". after contacting Ford directly the service manager at my local Ford contacted me and went on a test drive with me where he said he both heard and felt what I was talking about. He then took a car right off the lot for a test drive and told me that one did not do any of the things mine is doing. A couple hours later I get a call from him stating Ford has told him this is normal for the car to make these noises and lurch forward and that there is nothing else they can do for me. Assuring me that the car is under warranty and that if the transmission fails it will be covered. I drive 70 miles a day in rush hour traffic on hills and to me this is a huge safety concern. There are many people that have complained to Ford about the same problem so they did the tsb for this issue and it made the problem worse now when I am on a hill the car rolls back and the grinding noise is worse. I took the car back right after they performed the tsb and told them and they are still saying this is normal.

- Woodbridge , VA, USA

Nov 132011

Fiesta 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated the wrench and oil light illuminated simultaneously. According to the owner's manual, that indicated that the engine oil had expired. Upon driving to the dealership, the transmission failed to shift over and the vehicle stalled. There was gas in the vehicle. The dealer reset the light. However, the engine light continued to illuminate. Updated 02/01/12 updated 02/08/12

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

Oct 032011

Fiesta 4-cyl

The transmission seems to fail to go into neutral when brakes are applied. Car started with transmission issues initially with the car trying to fight the brakes a few times just before stopping. At times the car significantly overcomes the brakes. On one instance the car failed to stop at red light and managed to creep into the intersection before stopping. The transmission does seem to have safety problems particularly it makes it hard to predict how the car will come to a stop from a high rate of speed. The stopping is jerky and the stopping distance is variable and inconsistent due to the "jerky" behavior of transmission.

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

Sep 302011

Fiesta 4-cyl

Makes loud grinding sound and seems like the car is about to stall while driving. The car also seems to stall when driving from a full stop. Transmission fluid leaks.

- Apo, AP, USA

Nov 112010

Fiesta 4-cyl

Vehicle hesitates greatly upon acceleration and stutters like it is jumping in and out of gear. It is an automatic.

- Avinger, TX, USA

May 112011

Fiesta

Since I bought this car, the transmission has grinded. Ford claims that the grinding is normal. A transmission grinding is far from normal. I have links of many people with the same problem. Ford is beating around the bush with the problem and not doing a thing about it. Something needs to be done. Links are as follows: www.motherproof.com/news-rants/story/2011-Ford-Fiesta-preview1 fiestafaction.com/forums/Fiesta-service-bay/35272-transmission-grind-normal.html fiestafaction.com/forums/Fiesta-service-bay/34826-automatic-transmission-noises.html.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Aug 092011

Fiesta 4-cyl

Gentlemen: We ask you to intervene and give us a final solution in the case which we are going to proceed, based on the following facts. On May 13th, 2011, we bought two vehicles Ford Fiesta sedan automatic from the dealership located in the city of medellin, colombia, South America, and also the car Ford Fiesta sedan at, white oxford color, model 2011, automotive type, on the 24th of may, after exhausting all possible claims against the dealership, the service manager of the dealer, gave us a written certification that the car had undergone a reprogramming of the powertrain, and there was no need to remove or to dismantle any component of the vehicle. Also he told us that the strange sound that the car was having, was normal because the double clutch that belongs to the automatic Ford Fiesta, and also it was normal in the other car, the Ford Fiesta sedan at, color oxford white. Because of this explanation, we, who are not experts in auto mechanics, believed this explanation was true and again we received back the car Ford Fiesta sedan at, oxford white color. The cars are not working fine! we do not have any positive answer yet. Is it possible someone could help us? medellin, colombia South America

- Medellin, DC, USA

Aug 092011

Fiesta 4-cyl

Gentlemen: We are also very shocked as that in colombia the supervisor from the dealer ship, every time we call him on the phone, he is not available for us and he just sent us the reason the has no information to give us. It is possible that one of you at Ford can give us some information about these anomalies? on May 13th, 2011, we bought two vehicles Ford Fiesta sedan automatic from the dealership located in the city of medellin, colombia, South America, . with the bill signed on May 13th, 2011, we bought the car Ford Fiesta sedan at, black gala color, 2011 model, car type, and also the car Ford Fiesta sedan at, white oxford color, model 2011, automotive type, with the on May 23th, 2011, as it is stated in the dealer repair order, the vehicle Ford Fiesta sedan at, black color, (with less than 200 kilometers of travel on the tachometer), must be brought to the dealership because it had a strange noise from gear when the car started running. The road test was conducted by employees of the concessionaire and an employee crashed the car in the rear bumper, on the 24th of may, after exhausting all possible claims against the dealership, the service manager of the dealer, gave us a written certification that the car had undergone a reprogramming of the powertrain, and there was no need to remove or to dismantle any component of the vehicle. Also he told us that the strange sound that the car was having, was normal because the double clutch that belongs to the automatic Ford Fiesta, and also it was normal in the other car, the Ford Fiesta sedan at, color oxford white. Because of this explanation, we, who are not experts in auto mechanics, we believed this explanation was true and again we received back the car Ford Fiesta sedan at, black color. We do not have any positive answer yet. Can someone help us?

- Medellin, DC, USA

May 112011

Fiesta

I am writing this complaint as I am concerned about a safety issue related to the 2011 Ford Fiesta with the dual-clutch 6 speed transmission (power-shfit transmission). Ford has made a defective product with the installation of the power-shift transmission it has built in a joint Venture with getrag of Mexico. There are many complaints on the internet relating to the transmission on these cars. I am concerned that the transmission which can give out at any time could be a danger to the consumer. Also, the transmission has been shown to act erratically which could possibly lead to harm or even death to the consumer. Example: I was getting ready to back out of my driveway in my 2011 Ford Fiesta when I barely touched the accelerator pedal and was whisked at breakneck speed down my driveway. It took me a second to grasp what was happening and I slammed on the brakes before I went out onto the street. I actually said to myself out loud "whoa, what was that". this happened in my driveway but could have happened out on the road, in a crowded parking lot, any number of other places where the outcome could have been horrific. We don't want another Toyota fiasco on our hands. Ford is trying to come up with a fix for the transmission problems but they are also trying to keep the problems under wraps. This could be a huge financial blow to Ford corporation and I know their priority is to their stock holders. My priority is to the consumer who may be put in harms way by Ford's greed. I do not want someone to die because Ford wants to keep this all hush hush until they can find a solution for this problem. Do not drop the ball on this one. Let's try for once to nip something in the bud before someone has to die. As I said above, we don't want another Toyota fiasco. Thank you.

- Prairieville, LA, USA

Mar 132011

Fiesta

While passing a car vehicle's engine revved up to high and car was not responding while passing a car almost had a head on collision. Odometer has a false reading while driving a should have been a 500 mile round trip the car resisted 1,200 this is a ploy to make the warranty go out faster, also not getting the mileage the Ford people promise. Would like to have this investigated.

- Oil City, LA, USA

Jan 172011

Fiesta

Occasional clunking noises when starting and slow to crank. After starting car, it refused to engage in any gear--either reverse or drive. Turned car off, re-started and was then able to find a gear. This happened on numerous occasions. Would try to reverse or drive and it would rev like it was in neutral. Lacked power on hills and avg. Mpg dropped. Check engine light came on. Dealer service department diagnosed it as a defective transmission control module (tcm). Ordered part and replaced today. This seems to have completely fixed the problem. Runs great now, with much more power and better gas mileage than since the first day I drove it off the dealer lot.

- East Alton, IL, USA

Sep 302010

Fiesta

This vehicle, bought new in September, 2010, had loud sounds coming from the engine area. Ford has put 2 new transmissions in it. The 3rd repair attempt was diagnosed as a problem that "engineering has to come up with a solution". Ford, on two of the 3 repair attempts, sent out a field engineer to inspect the vehicle. The first engineer (on the 2nd repair attempt) said to put another new transmission in the vehicle, (the 2nd new transmission to be put in the vehicle). This still did not solve the problem. The problem, according to the service manager (on the 3rd repair attempt, 2 at one dealer, and this 1st attempt at another dealer, - third overall) said "it's the clutch. We took other cars out, and with the laptop, we were able to duplicate it on every one of them." The duplication he was speaking of involves the transmission and it's clutch system, just introduced this model year of 2011 by Ford. It is the 6 speed automatic transmission, with a dual clutch. The situation is that when you come to a sudden stop, the transmission does not downshift to a lower gear fast enough. When you try to accelerate, after a sudden stop, the vehicle seems stuck in a higher gear. The car momentarily stalls before taking off. This is very dangerous when trying to cross lanes of a highway at busy times. We do not feel safe in it. We were told, in an email, by a Ford customer service manager, "as I explained to you on the phone the Ford engineers are aware and are researching a solution to your vehicle's concern. Your vehicle is safe to drive so you may continue to enjoy it while waiting to be contacted by (name wittheld) service manager at the dealer and myself".

- Falmouth, VA, USA