CarComplaints.com Notes: Welcome to North America, Ford Fiesta. Thanks for bringing your herky-jerky transmission, numerous interior quality complaints, and an engine that dies while driving.

2011 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Fiesta:

2011 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 1 of 12)

Jan 062017

Fiesta

I purchased a new, unused 2011 Ford Fiesta in February of 2011. It is an automatic with fewer than 70,000 miles and, since ownership, I have experienced recurring stuttering issues during acceleration (on city streets, highway, moving straight and while turning) that are clearly associated with the transmission while shifting gears. I have already had the vehicle with two different Ford dealership mechanics on numerous occasions which has resulted in clutch and clutch seal replacements. Additionally, I have been told the vehicle's computer has been "reprogramed" with the understanding that it alters the transmission to prevent the issue from occurring. Still, the problem persists. This ongoing issue has me completely fed up with Ford and the product I have purchased. The vehicle is faulty beyond belief and is one that has caused my family great concern in ensuring we have safe and reliable transportation on a daily basis.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Dec 272016

Fiesta

The car will shake when gas is pressed and does not have much power driving feels like it will die while driving transmission warning light

- Milford, CT, USA

Dec 262016

Fiesta

Ford transmission, I recently purchased a 2011 Ford Fiesta after which finding out about the customer satisfaction repairs for the transmission seals, and clutch as well as the door latches and other issues. I brought the car into 2 different dealers for the repairs, the one dealing with the repair of the clutch and seals I have had to bring it into twice for the issues regarding it. Before the dealer repaired the clutch and seals my car had a shudder where it would jerk when down shifting coming off the highway for example or up shifting when making turns across a lane. After I got it back it seemed okay but now less then 3 months later it is happening again and in addition there is a whining noise coming from the transmission. I brought the car into the dealership again today after several long conversations with Ford corporate and was called and told it is being caused by the "main shaft bearing" which they will not cover and is asking for $1500 to repair. This issue was caused by Ford producing faulty parts used in the 2011 Ford Fiestas, as reports from many online sources have stated, this issue caused by Ford is not becoming a safety issue for me and my family as the acceleration and deceleration cause a jerking pause and has even shut down on my in the middle of the road. I live in Ohio where snow and ice occur with this issue the life of my family and I is as stake as on coming traffic can not stop in time when this shuddering occurs and when I am able to move the jerking can cause loss of control of the vehicle.

- Springfield, OH, USA

Dec 112016

Fiesta

While driving at highway speeds in 3rd and 5th gears there was a loud whining noise coming from the 5 speed transmission. The noise will increase or decrease with the throttle and goes away when in neutral. While traveling at approximately 65 mph and with the cruise control on the car popped out of 5th gear without warning and I was not able to shift back inot 5th gear. All other gears including reverse work fine however when the shifter is placed into the 5th gear position the transmission doesn't engage. I have read numerous complaints of the same problem but not.sure as to the outcome.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Dec 012015

Fiesta

I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta, my vehicle has a number of recalls out. (Ford recall number 15S16, field service action number 14M01 and 14M02). I had contacted the dealer November of 2015, they told me that they would contact me when parts were available. I have heard nothing for a year now. There are two recalls out having to do with the transmission.( transmission clutch shudder/transmission input shaft seal warranty extension and transmission control module extended warranty coverage). I have had my father who is a mechanic tell me that is why my transmission is going out. I have three children and the car is barely shifting correctly and I feel is unsafe to drive but being my only form of transportation I am forced to do so. I need something done, I feel that I shouldn't have to pay for a new transmission when if the recalls were preformed in a timely manner I would not have any issues at all. Please help me resolve this issue. I am already paying so much on this car and getting no where with what I own due to all my payment going to interest. I cannot go without a vehicle. Please help!

- Warrensburg, MO, USA

Nov 012016

Fiesta

Ive taken my car to the dealership around 4 times for the same problem. The fourth being the worst. The car will shudder, shake, over rev, low power when taking off and lack of powersteering and brakes. Its had its tcm reprogrammed to no avail! clutch has been replaced to no avail. Third time it stared again and had to get the car reprogrammed again. The last time the car would not drive over 30 mph without shaking shuddering and trying to find the right gear. Couple of times the car stopped while driving!! dealership replaced the tcm.on about the fourth time in. My wife drives our kids to school in this car and I have not confidence in its ability to sustain and deliver my family safely to their destinatation. Im currently making payments and have also tried to talk to Ford about a buy back or replacement and they said I don't meet or qualify for the California lemon law. They had pulled my records at the dealership to verify the car status. All actions that the car displayed and others have encountered have happened when pulling away to accelerate. A couple of my complaints on the service record was not recorded. I think the first and the last ones were however.

- South San Francisco, CA, USA

Aug 152016

Fiesta

First time I had an issue vehicle was in motion would not accelerate over 40 mph. Took to dealership no codes found. After about a week vehicle was parked put into reverse the motor would rev up but it would not move, put into pare turned off waited a little bit car would then go but with very little power couldn't accelerate over 40 mph again. Returned to dealership this time they replaced the clutch assemblies and updated the computer. I will be returning tomorrow for the third time in a month. The car only has 77,000 miles on it.

- Carnesville, GA, USA

Nov 012016

Fiesta

Transmission is jerking, specially coming to the stop, gears are slipping, car was in the dealership service center several times through the years to address this issue, but it never been corrected. Engine and transmission warning lights come on constantly, now the engine is overheating and the dealership is unable to fix. This car is defective and unsafe to drive. I purchased this car new from autonation and had it serviced/maintained by their certified service department, I had problems with the transmission from the beginning and was complaining several times, but it never was addressed and/or fixed

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Nov 012011

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving between 35-45 mph, the vehicle jerked and would not accelerate properly. There was also a metal on metal sound coming from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission control module failed. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Oct 102016

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving 30 mph, the transmission slipped out of gear and the shift lever locked into position and would not move. The check engine, service engine soon, and traction control warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed, but there were no failure codes. The failure recurred twice. The failure mileage was 91,147.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Sep 092016

Fiesta

The transmission will stop engaging while driving the motor rpms go up and you loose power to the wheels causing traffic to run into the back or run over you.getting onto the highway merged into traffic got up to speed than all of the sudden motor revved up and lost speed rapidly almost got run over by tractor trailer had to pull off onto shoulder of the highway, then the car would not go over 30 mph this has happened 3 times.the first time Ford said it was the timing of motor.this has happened twice after that. I cant even drive be cause im afraid of killing me and my family.this transmission has a definite and they wont acknowledge.they did send me a recall for the tcm but they told me it had nothing to do with the transmission issue I have not driven the car due to safety and fear of hurting myself or someone else.

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Sep 012012

Fiesta

Car was purchased brand new in 2010 and within a year car began having issues with acceleration, deceleration, bucking, jerking, gear changes and just erratic shifting. Car will not accelerate to merge with traffic on the highway and will stall when stopping. We began complaining to the dealership (metro Ford schenectady NY) within a year after purchase and have complained multiple times and just get shrugged off and told that it's normal for the dual clutch. Last month 09/16 the tcm fully went and was replaced and when I went to pick it up it was bucking and shuttering and revving up to 2500 RPM without me even being on the gas pedal at all and they insist this is normal due to the reflash and will even out after driving for a while which is insane to me that I should have to drive a jerking and shuddering erratically shifting vehicle on the highway to work praying my car doesn't cause an accident. This ongoing issue for 6 years now has drained me and deterred me from ever wanting to own another Ford ever again.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Sep 142016

Fiesta

Our 2011 Ford Fiesta started experiencing problems while driving. It was not shifting properly and running really jagged at times. Also the check engine/transmission light came on. On Wednesday September 14, 2016 I took in the car to our local Ford dealer colley Ford in glendora, ca. They told me it was probably the transmission control module that had to be programmed. I called the next day and they told me it needed a new transmission control module and they would have to order one. We went in on Sept 26, 2016 and they said they had not received the part yet. Its been almost two weeks and we have not had the car because Ford hasn't delivered the part to the dealership.

- Glendora, CA, USA

Aug 112015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving approximately 45 mph, the rpms accelerated. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the tranmission control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 93,766.

- Porter, ME, USA

Jul 202016

Fiesta

To whom it may concern, my name is wanda West-turner and I am writing this complaint about a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE I purchased at a private dealer on July 1, 2016. The car started running very strange after a week I experience very ruff rides. So I called Ford company in mcdonough ga. The person I talked to said that it was on recall and for me to bring it in, I did. They kept it over night to update the transmission and other problems causing me to pay for a rental which I felt should have been paid by the dealer or Ford moter company. I did ask the dealer if they knew the car was on recall and they said no! I ask question after question, the owner even drove the car himself and said that - Stockbridge, GA, USA

Aug 242016

Fiesta

My car had the transmission control module reprogrammed on 06/06/16 and is having the same issue as we speak 8/24/16. The car jerks, doesn't accelerate properly and is doing what it wants, very unsafe as it doesn't want to shift and jolts when it does. It's almost like its stuck in gear. This car has been nothing but problems and I'm irritated that this was repaired 2 months ago and the problem clearly isn't fixed. I'm pregnant and am very dissapointed that Ford can allow a problem like this to continue without proper resolution and safety for its customers.

- Johnstown, NY, USA

Jul 092015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While shifting from first to second gear, there was a loud clicking noise coming from the front of the vehicle. While stopped at a red light, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle restarted. The failures recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle was functioning properly. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was approximately 69,456.

- Scotts Valley, CA, USA

Jul 312016

Fiesta

Unable to get car out of park, when I did, coming out of a parking lot, it stalled in middle of a busy street, had no power, transmission, stability and check engine light came on, after pushing on the gas peddle a few times, it finally, had enough power to drive it home.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jun 272016

Fiesta

Vehicle has been one of many thousands to experience severe transmission issues, which have now become serious safety concerns due to Ford's inability to provide a solution. This 2011 Fiesta with automatic transmission was purchased new and had the sluggish feeling early on. Dealer said it was a "smart engine" and would have to learn driver's driving habits. The problem persisted and got considerably worse around 9K miles....took it in, failed transmissions test...new clutch put it. Thought it was fine until it started doing the same thing...failed test...no parts available- had to wait on parts. This is about the 5th or 6th time going through this process, except that now the problem is the most severe it's ever been (even with the a new clutch put in last week and being told it was "fixed'). car won't start at times, then when it does, it drives very sluggish - or won't come out of low gear (revs very high)....of if you get it into higher gear, it will suddenly slip out of it back down to low - very high rpms and very loud. It is hard to accelarate and know that it's going to go - this is especially troubling at an intersection making a left turn, on the highway with higher speed traffic etc. Many others have experienced this same problem very severely. Class action suit in ca now-- and one just started in australia. Same problems. Ford has continued to sell these cars for years, knowing that this problem is there- their only solution being to wait for parts and then get it "repaired" - except it is being repaired with parts that are no better and seem to be far worse than early on. It is scary to drive and feel safe - yet one has to get to work, etc. Ford is digging their heels in and still offering no remedy, knowing about these very unsafe situations that drivers are being put in. Please scan the internet regarding the many people who have had serious problems.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jun 122016

Fiesta

I have been dealing with transmission issues since I bought the vehicle. The first time it happened I was doing 50 mph and it shifted out of gear. This was quite disturbing. I took it in to Ford and they told me it just needed the program updated. Then during the winter it wouldn't go into gear at all, not forward, reverse or anything. Once again I took it in and they said it was the programming. They programed it again. So back in Feb it happened again, and I did then receive a letter stating there was some issues, so I was given a 100,000 mile warranty on fixing the issue. Well I told them to replace the tcm, but once again they love to reprogram. So my oldest son is in need of a vehicle and he was driving it up in madison Wisconsin on the most crazy freeway and it decided to lose the power doing more than 50 mph. My son was so stressed and was almost hit by a semi. I have had it with the reprogramming. I have emails and calls put into Ford and I am not asking for anything but a fix or to trade in and start over. They don't want to do anything for us at all. I guess they want someone to die first before they fix anything.

- Elkhorn, WI, USA