2012 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 5 of 8)

Oct 102012

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that the air bag light remained illuminated. The vehicle also jerked when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 79,000.

- New Windsor, NY, USA

Jan 012015

Fiesta

Ford Fiesta 2012 transmission has been shuddering for several months and now at 50,000 miles very bad mis shifting and not shifting (sounds like jumping into neutral) I have it in dealer and praying that it is covered with my premium warranty and special extension given by Ford for tranny problems

- Akron, OH, USA

Apr 022012

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle excessively shuttered and shook when attempting to accelerate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the power train software needed to be reprogrammed and the clutch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failures persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,000.

- Kansas City , MO, USA

Apr 152013

Fiesta

When coming to a complete stop and pulling out I feel a shudder, feels like car is jumping. You can definitely feel and hear it. Day Ford in monroeville pittsburgh pa said I needed a new clutch kit system. A year later on April 15th same incident. Came back to me as they could not find anything wrong. They stated it was in the cars limitation, (RPM). Three weeks later brought it back to them and said it as getting worse. They looked over car and stated yes they felt the shudder but the car was in limitation. They also stated many complaints on this issue so they extended the care warranty from 50,00 to 100,000. I stated that I was not satisfied and said I will file a complaint.

- North Versailles, PA, USA

Feb 162015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Transmission sputters on take off shaking car and slipping on incline, also transmission slips on cruise control at 70mph. Dealer refused to give rental for this even though we have an extended warranty. Also told that they will only reset computer and the problem will never go away completely. In other words Ford has no permanent fix for this problem and should be held accountable for still selling these autos knowing it has a serious transmission problem and not disclosing it to the consumer. The consumer is being ripped off. When will someone demand they recall these autos"???"

- Ocean Springs, MS, USA

May 082012

Fiesta

Purchased my Fiesta in March 2012. Shortly after purchase started having problems with the shuttering and hesitating issue due to this new clutch design. The vehicle has been in to the service department where I purchased it the first time the clutch issue was repaired the second time they installed a part of the clutch system. The third time it was in to the service department there was no repair done. The warranty guidelines required the failure to rate at a 270 my failure was a 250. I have contacted a lawyer to get me released from this "death trap". on March 6, 2015, I went to turn left across two lanes of on coming traffic and it shuttered at acceleration and nearly stalled. Keep in mind this is automatic. I was nearly broad sided. I made arrangements for a vehicle because I was told that they did not have a loaner for me to drive while they repaired mine. So on, March 10, 2015, I took the Fiesta to another local Ford service center and upon their inspection was told that the clutch had to be replaced again. The wonderful news to this story is the part is back ordered from the factory and it will take eight weeks for them to receive in the part needed to repair my vehicle. I refuse to drive this vehicle. The Ford Fiesta is not a vehicle that should have the safety recommendations that it has. It isn't safe for consumer use.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Jun 012014

Fiesta 4-cyl

I have bought my car in 2014 January for a good mileage and stylish look.the vehicle perform well for couple months. Later, I have brought my car to the Ford service in 2014 July with a complain of transmission and safety. Since then I have been in and out of the dealership with automatic transmission problems. My Fiesta now has 43K miles and has been to the dealer 2 times for transmission work if I would have time I would definitely bring my car to the service more. It is very unsafe. The last two visits have resulted in major repairs in an attempt to fix the problem and still the problem persists. The transmission shudders, hesitates, and lurches in stop and go traffic or when slowing then starting up again such as at a stop light or stop sign.again it is very unsafe to drive this car I am going to claim a lawsuit against them.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 182015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated while driving 30 mph, the front passenger's side door opened independently. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the and road. The door failed to close in a secured position. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who informed that the front door latch would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. In addition, the transmission clutch was replaced previously on three separate occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 61,000.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Mar 112015

Fiesta

Transmission will no shift property.

- Lillington, NC, USA

Mar 062015

Fiesta

I purchased my Fiesta in March 2012. Shortly after purchase started having problems with the shuttering and hesitating issue due to this new clutch design. The vehicle has been in to the service department where I purchased it the first time the clutch issue was repaired the second time they installed a part of the clutch system. The third time it was in to the service department there was no repair done. The warranty guidelines required the failure to rate at a 270 my failure was a 250. I have contacted a lawyer to get me released from this "death trap". on March 6, 2015, I went to turn left across two lanes of on coming traffic and it shuttered at acceleration and nearly stalled. Keep in mind this is automatic. I was nearly broad sided. I made arrangements for a vehicle because I was told that they did not have a loaner for me to drive while they repaired mine. So on, March 10, 2015, I took the Fiesta to another local Ford service center and upon their inspection was told that the clutch had to be replaced again. The wonderful news to this story is the part is back ordered from the factory and it will take eight weeks for them to receive in the part needed to repair my vehicle. I refuse to drive this vehicle. The Ford Fiesta is not a vehicle that should have the safety recommendations that it has. It isn't safe for consumer use.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Apr 252013

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated while driving approximately 10 mph, there was a delayed response when the accelerator pedal was engaged. The failure recurred two times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where the transmission clutch was replaced. The vehicle was not repaired for most recent failure. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 18,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Crown Point , IN, USA

Jan 152015

Fiesta 4-cyl

I bought a 2012 Ford Fiesta and had the transmission sensor replaced under factory warranty. Did not drive the car 5000 miles and the trans sensor messed up again causing the transmission to not shift out of first and second gear without hesitation and vibrations. Shifts fine from second on! per the dealer they stated this is a huge issue with Fiestas and focuses from 2010 and up!

- Johnson City , TN, USA

May 072014

Fiesta

Car shakes and it feels like the tires skip. It happens mostly when the car is warm and I'm going around a corner. Has been to the dealer several times for the same thing.they replaced the clutch and did other things but it keeps happening. It is currently at the dealers (rochester Indiana Ford)again for the same problem. This last time I was driving on ice and the car started shaking.I lost control and went up a curb. I popped the tire. I could have killed someone if they were standing there.it was very scary and I'm afraid to drive this car again knowing it's not safe.

- Rochester, IN, USA

Jul 212014

Fiesta 4-cyl

The vehicle had an abnormal idle while at a stop, and would sometimes stall. Upon acceleration the vehicle would hesitate and jerk forward. I took the vehicle to the dealership to rectify the issue. I was told that the mechanic cleared the code for the check engine light, but the internal wiring harness needed to be replaced, on a car that was a little over 2 years old. The internal wiring harness was not covered under any type of warranty. The repair was completed at a cost to me of $245.99. Less than 2 months later, the vehicle was having the same issues, abnormal idle, stalling, and hesitant and jerky accelerating. Again, I took the car back to the dealership for repair. This time the dealership replaced the transmission and clutch front seals, input seals, and axles seals, changed transmission fluid, added 2 quarts of transmission dual clutch transmission fluid. This repair was covered under the Ford 5 year, 60,000 mile power train warranty. About 5 weeks later I was still having the same issues, abnormal idle, hesitant and jerky acceleration. Again, I took my car to the dealership. This time I was told that the throttle body was bad and needed to be replaced. With no choice, I need to get to work, I told them to go ahead with the repair which once again was not covered under any type of warranty. The total for this repair cost me $720.26. In less than 3 years I have had to go to the dealership for major repairs 3 times and spent just under $1,000, plus the inconvenience of rental cars, days off of work, and the general annoyance of knowing my new vehicle has major mechanical issues.

- San Jacinto, CA, USA

Jan 012014

Fiesta

The transmission on the car will start giving out and when your trying to drive in road it will start to slow down. I have taken my car for service to Ford for the same reason and other repairs have been done to the car since I bought it brand new from Ford. I believe my car should be bought back I have to keep taking it to get work done on it.

- Adelanto, CA, USA

Sep 022013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Shortly after purchasing my 2012 Ford Fiesta (new) in December, 2012, it began shuddering when changing between gears. It also made a "rattling" noise when accelerating or sometimes even when cruising at a steady speed. The first time I brought the car to the dealership, they kept it for a few days but told me they could not duplicate the problem. The second time I brought it (October, 2013, approximately 30,000 miles) they kept it for a week and told me there was something leaking on to the clutch and they fixed it. Now, at 57,000 miles, the car is shuddering worse than ever, particularly between first and second gears, and the rattling noise has gotten progressively worse. People riding with me constantly ask what in the world is wrong with my car. I finally brought it back to the dealership, where it has now been for two weeks. They've called twice - the first time to say that they were going to have to remove the entire transmission, so it would be a while longer before it was repaired. The second time was a week ago when they said Ford had something they wanted them to try (not sure what exactly it was). Have not heard from them since. I'm fearful that at less than 60,000 miles I'm going to have a vehicle that a) can never be fully repaired and B) is possibly unsafe. And certainly I'll never be able to sell it or get any money for it, who wants to purchase a used vehicle that has a reputation for so many problems, as both the Fiesta and the Focus do.

- Lexington, SC, USA

Sep 012012

Fiesta

I leased a 2012 Ford Fiesta in March 2012. Shortly after, I contacted my dealers service department about grinding/knocking noises when I accelerate. They told me it was normal for the "new" transmission in the Fiestas. The noises got louder and more frequent so I took it in. They heard noises and said there was nothing they could do. Multiple trips to service, had parts changed with no change in noises. On one appointment, found they had to pull my transmission for multiple leaks, new seals, etc. Car was ok for a little while, but concerns back with noises, jolting, jerking, lack of acceleration. Dealership would take it out and say they experienced what I had been saying, but nothing they could do. According to Ford, it was operating within normal parameters. After some time, they would not take the car back again for service so I began going elsewhere. After multiple service visits for the same reasons, I was finally into September 2014 and finding they had to order me my 3rd clutch. I waited months, with no answers or explanation from Ford, and part finally arrived 1/25/15...5 months after ordering!!!! repeated calls to Ford that car was stalling, severe jerking, lack of acceleration, etc. And all they would say is work with service, nothing they could do. I have read many reviews and stories of people with same issues, poorly functioning transmissions in the Fiestas and other model Ford. Ford refuses to take responsibility of fixing, they just extend the warranty which is not fixing the immediate problems or keep from happening again. I am in the process of trying to terminate my lease.

- Morris, IL, USA

Jun 162014

Fiesta

When I bought this car from a Ford dealership (used in 2014) I noticed that it shudders when shifting through the gears. I was told this is normal; however it has seem to gotten worse. It now also makes grinding noises along with the shuddering when shifting through the gears. I can't imagine that this is supposed to be normal. I T also jerks when shifting through the lower gears. I have since done research to find that not only are there hundreds of other Ford Fiesta owners that have complained about the same thing, but there is also a class action lawsuit that was filed against Ford for this issue. What is being done to resolve this?

- Apo, AE, USA

Jul 252014

Fiesta

Vehicle has been taken in several times for noise in front of the car and transmission jerking when trying to shift gears, changing lanes on a highways taking turns and going up and down hills. The clutch system is causing shifting problems and every time I slow down or brake the rattling noise upfront gets louder, I was in the middle of changing lanes when the car jerked gears did not shift and I almost got hit by another car. It is very dangerous and have been getting a run around about getting it fix.the car's electrical system could cause the transmission's electronic controls to shut down or not allow the car to start at all, as I was told by the servicer I looked it up and other cars have the same problem I need assistance as I did my research found there are hundreds of Ford Fiesta that are having the same problems.

- Staten Island , NY, USA

Jan 052015

Fiesta 4-cyl

After 13 days of owning the car, the car began to make grinding noises and would shudder when shifting in low gears. The noise and shuddering was so bad that I was afraid to drive the car. Took to dealership and clutch is needing replacement. According to www, this is a very common problem and often progresses to the car suddenly accelerating. This is a dangerous issue and should be treated as such. I find it appalling there has yet to be a recall...

- Pflugerville, TX, USA