2012 Ford Fiesta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 082015

Fiesta

The rear door lacthes of my car have failed, rear pass. About a year ago and rear driver today, 11/8/2015. After opening the door, the latch fails to engage and hold on to the little metal bar mounted on the body when closing. To keep the door shut I have to tape it until I can get the latch replaced. The car was stationary.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Nov 012015

Fiesta

I was driving my 2012 Ford Fiesta on Sunday, November 1st, 2015 when the rear passenger door flew open!!!! I fear for my safety in this vehicle!!!! this is yet another manufacture's defect on this dangerous car!!!! what if I had my pet in the car"?? or a child??? I can not believe you have not made Ford recall this car!!! in addition to my latest episode I have also had my transmission's computer tmc updated 3 times and the entire transmission replaced!!! and my car drives worse. It jerks, almost dies at take off, sputters and hesitates and then suddenly jolts forward!! it is only a matter of time before someone is killed in this car! how can you continue to allow Ford corporation to abuse it's consumers in this manner! I thought this Agency was the governing agent over these types of issues! I will be sure to document all of my problems with this car in the event that something horrible should happen to me while driving this car! we as american consumers need your help! I called Ford headquarters and spoke to a customer relations agent named le roy today, November 3rd, 2015 and was told that Ford will only authorize 1 day car rental to repair any transmission problems! I know of no dealership that can perform the repairs in 1 day! how in the world can this repair be done in 1 day? it took 3 weeks in November 2014 when they replace the entire transmission. I was told I could pay for any remaining days rental if I wanted my car repaired! the transmission is faulty, dangerous and I should have to pay any rental days it takes to repair this car" this is a manufacturer defect and should be repaired at no cost to any customers! I hope you start taking this matter seriously. As an american I try to buy only american made products and this is how a big corporation is allowed to treat it's customers is an absolute disgrace!!!!! recall this car..please before someone dies!!!

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

May 012015

Fiesta

On warmer days, with the A/C on, vehicle intermittently stalls coming to a stop. It stalls about every 25-50 stops.

- Lake Elsinore, CA, USA

Jul 312013

Fiesta

This vehicle has had consistent transmission shudder and engine rattle upon acceleration which affects the the initial acceleration of the car. The sporadic delay in initial acceleration has been an ongoing safety concern. Most recently the vehicle almost stalled completely after beginning to accelerate into a merge. There was a few second delay in any movement or power to the car. Luckily there was no one coming at the time or this vehicle malfunction would have caused a serious accident. My car has been in to a Ford service center 5 times for this complaint and it is still not resolved. I am also concerned that Ford knowingly replaced the clutch and seals in my car with malfunctioning parts. Apparently newly engineered parts were produced as a patch for this issue. Either the old parts were used to fix my car, which would be quite an egregious safety issue, or the newly engineered parts are still malfunctioning. Either way I do not feel that my Ford Fiesta is safe to be on the road and Ford has not adequately address this issue to resolve the matter.

- Ambler, PA, USA

Apr 152015

Fiesta

It happens intermittently but more frequently as time goes by. I will be at a stop light/sign and the RPM's will go as high as 3500; I turn on the air conditioner or heater and it comes down; and then stalls. It sputters and surges and then the power will all but go off and I get the warning: Engine failure: See your dealer immediately. This has now happened at least 4 times. Twice, I have been on the highway and will totally be unable to go over 10 miles an hour; if I shut it off for 5 minutes when it comes back on it is usually ok. I read that Ford agreed to fix 1,600,000 cars that "limp home". I never received a notice on mine and I have read there were 59,807 warranty claims related to etb replacements. A so-called "customer satisfaction program extended the etb warranty coverage for up to 10 years. When I took my in they said it was not covered under warranty. It is dangerous to drive as the constant stalling in traffic etc.

- Gridley, CA, USA

Aug 142015

Fiesta

Closed the rear passenger door and it wouldn't shut at all. There is no way to secure the vehicle. Can't be drove because it won't stay shut. Presently at valley Ford and Ford said we need to wait for a letter when parts are available. Presently having to pay out of our pocket $48 a day for a rental because our son is at college in portsmouth and needs his car. Ford hasn't given us a date of when parts will be available to repair vehicle. They said they might be able to reimburse us.

- Bristolville , OH, USA

May 012015

Fiesta

Around May 1, my front passenger-side door flew open while I was driving to work. A few minutes of internet research identified that this was likely due to a recall that had been recently initiated by Ford (door latch replacement - NHTSA recall number: 15V246 - Ford recall number: 15S16) (this failure confirmed later by the shop). I had my vehicle towed to the nearest dealership and managed to work with Ford to secure a rental car for me until the time that this recall repair had been completed. Specifically, "to have all four door latches replaced with a more robust service part." Now that was over three months ago. I am still in the rental car, yet the recall status is still "12 - recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available." Furthermore, I have not received any paperwork about this recall or instructions for remedy. And finally, I am concerned because "the ending date for reimbursement eligibility is December 1, 2015." Is there any way I can get more information about this recall" in phone calls, Ford has not had much information about the status of this recall. Can the NHTSA do anything to make them move faster"

- Davis , CA, USA

Sep 172013

Fiesta

As I was driving on the highway my car stalled on full speed of 65mph. It was anot issue with the actual being on. Then again on 7/25/2015 same thing. Car stalled on freeway I had to exit out very cautiously out of the freeway. Then a week later 8/1/2015 same thing car stalled right when I was taking off from a red light.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 192014

Fiesta

The transmission is not working properly. When I step on the gas, the vehicle vibrates/shudders and takes a few seconds until it starts to go. It happens a lot when making turns at slows speeds or when stopped and then starting up again. There was a recall done for the clutch. It took the dealership two month to get the replacement part but the car is still doing the same thing after the fix. We have been there 3 times since it has been supposedly fixed and they have told us that, "our transmission has learned bad things and they have reset it." This is not a solution nor appropriate response for what is happening with our vehicle. Today I went to pull onto a busy highway with our baby in the car and the car would not go. I stepped on the gas and it would not shift into gear as cars were coming behind us. I had to press he gas down to the floor and floor it and the RPM's shot up to over 5 and we were able to get going then. This is our primary vehicle that we use to Transport our child and it is not safe. We are hoping something can be done about this. We bought this vehicle brand new, off the lot in July of 2012.

- Coaldale, PA, USA

Jul 302015

Fiesta

Radiator ac condenser cooling fan will short out and catch fire without warning. Extensive damage..

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Jul 232014

Fiesta

Transmission started vibrating and causing the car to jump and shutter. And wear my tires down.

- Lebanon, PA, USA

Jul 022014

Fiesta

This car is under recall 15V-246 the back driver latch failed 7/2/14. The back passenger latch failed 9/3/14. The front passenger latch failed 7/15. Incidents 1 and 2 were repaired under warranty. Incident 3 is currently at the dealer with the part being ordered. We asked the dealer to repair the fourth latch, the front driver side door, but they said Ford motor will allow them to only repair the broken latches since parts are scarce. We have been to the dealer three times for the latch problem and feel the fourth latch should and could be repaired at this time so that we don't have to return yet again, especially now that the problem is under recall. Our local Ford dealer is jim click Ford, 6244 East 22nd street, tucson, AZ 85711 phone 888 230 6356

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 062015

Fiesta

I went out to dinner and when we came back to the car my passenger opened the passenger front door and it would not close. I proceeded to walmart and bought bungie cords to tie it shut and when my passenger opened the rear passenger door the same thing happened and I had to tie that one as well. Upon contacting Ford and the local dealership I am very dissatisfied with how little is being done to fix this problem since it is under a recall. I have been told that they will only fix the two that are broken now and will fix the other two once the parts are in a plentiful supply. I was told it would take an extended period to get the parts and that I could drop my car off to be fixed. This is very unacceptable, the car is not able to be safely operated thru no fault of mine. I drive at least 30 miles to work every day and depend on this car for transportation, and no offer of assistance with that has been offered either.

- Liberty, NC, USA

Jun 182015

Fiesta

The right passenger rear door will not lock. If you slam the door, it will not latch shut. It actually bounces back open. The door cannot be closed, leaving the interior lights on. There is no way to secure the door closed while driving. The vehicle cannot be driven unless someone holds the door shut. There is no manual override.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Jun 082015

Fiesta

The transmission for this Fiesta is experiencing problems. It shudders and doesn't stay in gear. There is an active recall out on it but Ford refuses to acknowledge it. They also don't tell you unless you call them. It is a safety hazard. It could be as simple as a bad seal in the automatic transmission or it could be a clutch problem which is back ordered.

- Lewiston, ID, USA

Jun 012015

Fiesta

Rear passenger door will not secure. Latch seems to have broken/malfunction. Cannot drive the vehicle unless the two back doors are tied together from the inside, to prevent them from opening while driving.

- Laveen, AZ, USA

Jun 012014

Fiesta 4-cyl

While driving and taking a left turn, rear passenger door swung open; locking/latch mechanism failed. Have been able to secure door since, will not stay closed.

- Zephyrhills, FL, USA

Mar 152015

Fiesta 4WD 4-cyl

Went to shut rear passenger door and the door will no longer close. There was no damage to the car. It was never in an accident and is less than 3 years old but is not covered under warranty as you have to have less than 32,000 miles.

- Chapin, SC, USA

Dec 192014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Rear passenger door will not stay shut. I am guessing that it is the latching mechanism that has failed. I had to tie the door shut with a ratchet strap so it could be driven home. The car has only 40000 miles on it, and the rear doors are rarely used. I have seen that this is an ongoing problem with these vehicles.

- Saint Pauls, NC, USA

Sep 122014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Had two door latches break in September 2014 and another one in December 2014. On all incidents door's simply wouldn't shut. No warning before latches broke.so far it has cost me over $1,000 for new latches and rental cars.

- Anaheim, CA, USA