2013 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fiesta:

2013 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 11 of 12)

Sep 162013

Fiesta 4-cyl

When I took my car in for an oil change they said my oil was leaking so I took it into a Ford dealership. The dealership put some dye in my engine fluid and told me to bring it back after I drove another 500 miles. When I brought it back in they said my transmission had a leak. While driving it for the past few months I've also noticed it sputtering when I accelerate. This has seemed to worsen since taking it in as well. My car is constantly stalling when I make left turns or start going after being stopped or slowing down. I am very concerned and scared that while I am driving with my 3 year old in the backseat it will stall just a little too long and cause an accident harming him. There have been some close calls already and I am not happy to discover many people are having this problem with the 2013 Ford Fiestas. This car is not safe for anyone to drive.

- Pekin, IL, USA

Sep 052013

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving approximately 5 mph, the vehicle began to slip gears in a jerking motion. The failure recurred whenever the vehicle was in operation. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who informed the contact that the failure was contributed to the transmission. The parts that were replaced consisted of both snap rings, rear splendor plate and nuts. The failure continued after the repair was performed. The vehicle was not further repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 2,000.

- San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Aug 122013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Was at a complete stop. Went to step on gas to turn right and the car would not go above 7 mph for about 8 seconds, then it shifted hard into second gear and sped down the street. I completed 4 more turns around the block of my housing track and at all 4 it did the same thing until I reached my driveway and had it towed to a dealer.

- Corona, CA, USA

Oct 092013

Fiesta 4-cyl

While pulling out of a gas station parking lot into traffic the transmission sputtered and paused for about 2 seconds almost causing the on coming traffic to hit my car. There was almost no room for the on coming car to go around me. Near miss from being hit on the drivers door from the front of the on coming car.

Sep 272013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Going up a steep hill in morning rush hour bumper to bumper. My car stall, stopped and the automatic transmission would not engage. This caused me to graze the bumper of the car next to me and put a few very small scratches on the rear left side of the car. No accident report needed. The damage was so minor it was only visible at a close look. Polish seem to cover it. My car would not start moving until cars a head of me gave me enough safe space to push hard on the accelerator and get the automatic transmission to kick in.this could have caused an accident. Not life threatening but someone could have seriously been hurt.

Sep 172013

Fiesta

While at a stop on a freeway entrance ramp I saw an opening and gently stepped on the gas. I should have had easy entrance to the freeway but my car transmission would not start the car moving until I stepped on the excellrator to the floor. The on coming car coming behind me had to make a very dangerous lane change to keep from slamming into the back of the car. There was no damage to either car and the car behind continued.

Sep 102013

Fiesta

At a green light about to turn left I started my turn. M Y transmission pause before making the turn. The on coming car had to swerve to miss me and almost crashed into another car. Since there was no contact all cars continued with out stopping.

Jun 262013

Fiesta 4-cyl

June 2013, Ford Fiesta 2013 (bought new Oct 2012) began to shudder upon takeoff from a stop and also when shifting between 1st and 2nd gear. Took car to dealership on July 18, 2013; they performed a software update and said (at that time) if that didn't work the clutch would have to be replaced. Took car back on September 4, 2013. Took mechanic out but traffic was heavy and I couldn't reproduce the exact issue. However, problems listed above still persist, and an additional issue of power loss when turning the corner at speeds of 10 mph or less has developed.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 142013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Consistent grinding of the part in the transmission when starting and driving up to 35 mph. First through fourth gear grinding with jerkiness throughout.

- Palm Desert, CA, USA

Nov 152012

Fiesta

I have a rattling sound that seems to come from the transmission when I drive between 25 and 50 mph. I have reported the issue and even escalated it to Ford regional customer care. Ford has identified it as a known issue, but they have not done anything about it.

- Montesano, WA, USA

Mar 112013

Fiesta

I bought a 2013 Ford Fiesta in March. After driving it for about a week or two I noticed a rattling noise and some jerking when the car shifts gears. I took it to montebello Ford where I bought the car and they told me that was normal and because of the transmission it uses. I didn't believe them so I took it to another dealership in alhambra and they told me they couldn't find a problem. I recently took it in for a oil leak problem and ask if they could check the transmission again. They acknowledged that there was a problem this time and said they did a update to the system and some adjustments to fix the transmission, but after that the problem got even worse. It jerks even more now. ( it jerks so much in traffic I feel like I'm getting car sick) I plan to take it back next week but I would like to report this problem to someone so hopefully they can do a recall or something and get this problem fixed.

- Rosemead, CA, USA

Jul 252013

Fiesta 4-cyl

I've experienced my new Ford Fiesta 2013 shuddering, shaking, and chugging. Especially when I'm on a hill stopped and I try to accelerate. I have an automatic and it acts like a manual transmission. When I attempted to accelerate on the hill after stopping, the vehicle almost shut down completely. I brought my vehicle to the dealership which I purchased it from on two different occasions. Both times, the service advisor and the service manager informed me that the vehicle is performing as it should and there are no problems. I can't rely on the vehicle to accelerate as it should. Many times I've been afraid of my safety to merge into traffic because I know it won't perform.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Aug 052013

Fiesta

I picked up this vehicle brand- new from the dealership on 8/2/13. By 8/5, three days after I got the car, the entire front end had started to shudder and chug, and the "check engine" light came on. It felt like a deep-seated timing issue (the engine rpms had been a bit off since I picked up the car on 8/2, and it appeared to be shifting oddly, even before the check engine light came on). The clutch also engaged at odd times (I bought an automatic), and it didn't appear that the engine rpms and transmission shifting were synching up correctly at all. My diagnosis was confirmed when I took the vehicle to romano Ford in syracuse, NY, where I purchased the vehicle. The next day (8/6), I was told that a "cam phaser" had failed on the engine due to a manufacturing defect, and that the engine oil would need to be completely flushed and changed. After a bit of research, I found out that the phaser is a small gear that regulates engine timing....by being cut incorrectly, metal shavings from the gear had contaminated my engine oil. This, obviously, is not an easy fix. By screwing up my engine timing, the regulation of my entire vehicle is screwed up. The car has been sitting in the shop since 8/6 (it is now 8/22), with no resolution in sight. They brought in a Ford technician from god-knows-where that is supposed to fix it; it was supposed to be fixed 2 days ago to no avail. I am now closing in on the time period for invoking the NY state lemon law; I hope I can get my $ back and send this thing to the dump! Ford needs to recall these crappy things asap!

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Aug 082013

Fiesta

When trying to take off car almost shuts off and then all of the sudden picks back up and takes off. Sometimes coming out of first gear the gas sticks and chugs like it isn't getting gas just going down the highway. It is so bad that if you want to take off into traffic you have to cut the air off or heat to get all the power you can. If you have the ac on and make a turn and shift down you have to go a gear lower if the ac is on. Then it chugs along until it catches up.

- Gibsonville, NC, USA

Jul 052013

Fiesta

With in 2 days of driving my new car off the lot I recognized a rattle/grinding noise coming from the left front drivers side of the car. It varies in loudness and is primarily heard at low speeds with ac and radio off. I took it into the dealer shortly after and the service guy took it for a test drive with me present to determine if it was a quick fix or normal for the car. He heard the noise and wrote a ticket for repair. Next day they called me and said it was normal noise coming from the transmission.

- Onalaska, TX, USA

Dec 282012

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated while driving various speeds the transmission made a clanking noise and responded with slight hesitation. The failure recurred whenever driving between 10-60 mph. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer twice. The transmission cylinder block, gasket and hex head were replaced. The failure recurred the same day the vehicle was repaired. The vehicle was not been repaired for the recent defect. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100.

- Malibu, CA, USA

Jun 052013

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, a grinding sound was heard coming from the front driver's side of the vehicle. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer. The dealer stated that the sound that was coming from the transmission was normal. The contact did not call the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 1,100.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Dec 152012

Fiesta 4-cyl

Within the first weeks of owning this new car - I was disturbed to hear a gear change rattle/noise on take off up to at least 30 mph. The car also hesitates on start when in stop and go traffic and this is actually frightening when in heavy traffic on the highway. I contacted the dealership within the first two weeks and was told "oh the computer is adjusting to the way you drive - by the time you reach 500 miles on the clock it will be all right" !!! I thought that was a bit of !!! but gave it the chance. By the time I reached 500 on the clock it was still a worsening problem..and I took back to the dealership. On pick up I was told they couldn't find anything and all in order. The problem seemed get worse and a family member drove it and thought it may be transmission related. I took it back to the dealership. They replaced several parts and I was told 'this should fix the problem'... it didn't. I have less than 2500 miles and it is 6 months old now. I have told the dealership there is still a problem and I consider it unsafe when in busy commute traffic. I am waiting for them to respond.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Jun 182013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Purchased the car brand new drove it home about 65 miles. Wife drove it another 150 round trip out of town. We noticed a shuttering from a stop and when shifting. We were going to take it in for service but didn't have time to call them. Only have had the car 6 days. Then we are driving and hear a grinding/crackling noise from the left side sounds and fells as though the cv axle is going to break or something. Call road side assistance and they tow it in. Waiting until the am to see what they say. There is really something wrong here. My wife was driving at the time the noise and vibration almost caused us to wreck due to it scaring her when it started it. This issue needs to be addressed before someone gets hurt and should not wait until that happens.

- El Dorado Springs, MO, USA

May 062013

Fiesta 4-cyl

During test drive, car ran well but it was not really warmed up. Sales and management never mentioned transmission issues with this dual clutch 6 speed power shift transmission. After the first week...it began shuddering when starting from a dead stop. I took it into the dealer where I bought it and was told it will go away after 1,000 miles as the clutch is "green". they even printed a technical service bulletin from Ford about the problem. If it persists their transmission guy said he could update the software (about 1 1/2 hours and a whole lot of procedures that have to be spot on). Now it also finds false neutrals with the engine revving like it is out of gear between 1st and 3rd. Also, the ride is very jerky back and forth at lower speeds and very bad when the A/C in on. This is primarily my wife's car and I don't feel it is at all safe for her to drive. I sat down with one of the managers and asked about a buy back by Ford...he told me there was nothing available. I also found that capstone law apc has initiated a class action suit and have signed on, here is their website: capstonelawyers.com/ we paid $17,840 delivered for this car and I'd like it all back and we'll be happy to sign off on the title and surrender the car to Ford.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA