2013 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fiesta:

2013 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 4 of 12)

May 152015

Fiesta

The rear passenger side door, where my son sits in his booster, stopped closing one afternoon on our way to his soccer game. I used a piece of rope to tie the door across the car to the door opposite until I could get my car into the Ford dealership the next day. I searched the internet and saw an article regarding other 2013 Ford Fiesta's having the same issue. I took my vehicle the next day to the dealership and since I was there I let them know that my car, which only had 15K miles on it, has a problem with acceleration. When I accelerate I hear an airy sound coming from the engine and I lose power so that I accelerate very slowly. This is a huge safety issue when getting onto the highway. I was advised when I picked up the car that the lock was a recall item as was an issue with the cooling system that they fixed. In addition, when they checked for the airy sound they found I have a bad transmission. My service rep said the transmission was on back order for 30 days. That was May 2015. Today is 11/2/2015 and I still do not have the parts to replace my transmission. I have asked several times if I could have a rental car or borrow a car from Ford until my transmission is fixed due to the low acceleration and have been told time and again that they can not "authorize" it.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 012015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, the service engine warning light illuminated intermittently. In addition, the transmission hesitated. The contact also stated that while driving, the door popped open without warning and could not be closed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the door latches needed to be replaced and the transmission needed to be repaired. In addition, there was a manufacturers recall on the engine warning light. The vehicle was not repaired for the failures due to the parts not being available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 32,000.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Oct 012014

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that the transmission failed. The contact mentioned that the shift lever would not shift into first, second, or third gear. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the transmission needed to be rebuild. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 15,000.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jun 152013

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that she heard an abnormal noise coming from the vehicle. The vehicle hesitated and shuttered. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was undetermined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.......updated 04/01/16

- Hanover Park, IL, USA

Oct 122015

Fiesta

There have been multiple instances that my transmission, while in motion, has stuttered, stalled, or been completely unresponsive. In low gears, the transmission sounds as if it is grinding metal cans. When my car stutters or jerks seemingly out of nowhere, my lights and dash will flicker as well. Both my Ford dealership and Ford itself has told me these safety issues are normal and to be expected. Twice I've almost collided with semis on the highway when I was unable to get up to speed properly due to the chugging and stuttering. There are thousands of complaints on this issue. I've already had my clutch and seals replaced once, to no avail. This is the first vehicle I've bought and I'm scared for my safety. Ford and my dealership won't take responsibility for these hazards and insist that I'm not driving my car right. The grinding, stuttering, stalling, and outright transmission failure has been occurring for the full 7 months I've had the car. If maintenance invoices are needed, I do have access to these.

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

Aug 072015

Fiesta

This car has had ongoing problems with the transmission. It lurches, does not always accelerate when the gas pedal is pressed, slips gears, shudders, sometimes dropping speed abruptly without warning. This has nearly caused several accidents. The severity varies but at this time, 9/2015, the car has not been consistently drivable. It currently has 29K miles.

- Washington, DC, USA

May 182015

Fiesta

Vehicle has transmission condition according to all complaints regarding shifting, vehicle is at Ford dealership as of now for 7th time for same condition...clutch pack has been replaced and condition still present, vehicle has stalled last time we picked up week ago to point was almost T-boned from city bus as vehicle stalled in intersection, last time they told me was ignition concern and replaced plug wires...back into shop after weekend. Same problem no power no shift feels like taking off in 4th gear or higher, as I said in dealership now for week and unable to determine cause...due to check engine light came on for 7th time and they say no transmission codes...I am tired of this condition and looking for final repair, transmission replacement, or refund/replacement of vehicle. I feel after 7 times to dealership is more than enough for same condition....believe this falls into lemonlaw about now!

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Feb 142015

Fiesta

The transmission slipping, chugging, hesitatig

- Grandview, WA, USA

Dec 152013

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 5 mph, the vehicle vibrated. The vehicle was making an abnormal noise coming from the transmission. The failure was recurring. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was repaired under a manufacturers recall but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 12,000.

- Higganun, CT, USA

Sep 012015

Fiesta 4-cyl

2013 Ford Fiesta. Consumer writes in regards to transmission issues. The consumer stated the vehicle has been to the dealer three times, in an attempt to fix the transmission.

- Nashua, NH, USA

Jul 102015

Fiesta

The car shudders and spits at take off. Sometimes stalls both in forward and reverse when I first give it gas.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Oct 012013

Fiesta

Transmission shudders, lurches and loss of power

- Baltimore, MD, USA

May 012014

Fiesta

Transmission grinds, hesitates and has trouble shifting at low speeds. Sometimes the transmission has a slow reaction to the pedal and jolts forward after the delay. In stop and go bumper to bumper city traffic this can cause issues. I've had the clutch assembly replaced twice but could have had it done 5 + times at least. It's too much trouble to constantly have to get it fixed at the dealership. After the dealership fixed it both times its good for a few thousand miles then problems start all over again.

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

Aug 222013

Fiesta

Transmission slips, chugs, grinds, hesitates, jerks, fails to accelerate and bogs out each time before slamming into gear, jerking the car forward quickly, then fails to decelerate when engaging the breaks causing very near rear end wrecks. On highway at 55-65 mph, car is unable to down shift properly. The vehicle has been brought to the dealership times cleaned and replace clutch or programmed. Still not shifting properly

- Reading, PA, USA

Jun 032013

Fiesta

Transmission slips, chugs, grinds, hesitates, jerks, fails to accelerate and bogs out each time before slamming into gear, jerking the car forward quickly, then fails to decelerate when engaging the breaks causing very near rear end wrecks. On highway at 55-65 mph, car is unable to down shift properly. The vehicle has been brought to the dealership 5 times and I'm told it's how I'm driving the vehicle, nothing is wrong. After 5 visits, Ford dealerships will not see the vehicle. Simply telling me "if I don't like it, trade it in". the car is worthless, and therefore "trading it in" would be throwing more money away.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Oct 272014

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving at any speed, the vehicle jerked and failed to accelerate. The failure recurred numerous time. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the clutch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 52,000.

- St Clair Shores, MI, USA

Jul 302015

Fiesta

When accelerating the Fiesta lurches and then goes forward. The air conditioning pumps out cool air and then hot air off and on. The lurching issue has not been repaired and this is the fourth visit.

- Park Ridge, IL, USA

Jun 112015

Fiesta

This is follow-up to incident #10639225 (26sep2015), and details continued trouble from initial complaint. The vehicle has returned to the shop four times (currently in shop) for power-shift transmission clutch shudder. Two of the four found shudder tsb logging 150-170 RPM loss between shifts (Ford claims acceptable?), one found/replaced leaking cv shaft seal, and fourth currently being diagnosed. On the third incident (one listed above), dealership found shudder and 170 RPM loss (stated on invoice they drove vehicle), but invoice shows zero miles driven in-shop? my first question is this...why is any RPM loss (above 100 RPM's) acceptable for a computer controlled automatic transmission?? second...under normal driving conditions (which this car is driven) why are there cv issues"?" Ford has multiple tsb's and fsa's surrounding this transmission yet NHTSA does nothing about it! this transmission (with all of the NHTSA complaints against) clearly is a design flaw and a safety risk!! I request feedback on this issue. Thank you! updated 9/28/15..updated 01/13/15..updated 05-19-16

- Belleville, IL, USA

Jul 082015

Fiesta

When at a stopped position and I go to take off, the car will shutter and almost want to cut out. It almost does not know what gear it wants to go into. I am worried with this transmission. I never have had a car that shifts like this before.

- Concord , NH, USA

Sep 202013

Fiesta

Had trouble shifting gears from a stop position. Presently it has trouble shifting not only in low gears but all the way up to 50mls pr hr. When slowing down it jerks and hesitates. In Oct 2014 took it back to repair and was told needed new clutch due to internal oil seal leak contamination.nine months later the manufacturer has still neglected to repair it, I have been told due to backorder of parts. It has only 20,000K on it.

- Hollister, CA, USA