2014 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fiesta:

2014 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Feb 292016

The car is having acceleration issue. You need to press heavy on the gas for it to move from stop position or on a slight slope. When driving the car at times will jerk when you try to speed up on the highway to merge lanes. The RPM at times will jump. The issue is a safety concern especially on the highway. Today the car would not go up a slope. The started to roll back. This is a real issue when there is snow. I'm scared to drive the car. I have taken it to the deal ship 2 times now. Last time I took it they noted that no fault found at this time.. so I guess nothing was fixed. I noticed the issue within the 1st year and the deal ship said the needs at least 20km and computer system will kick in or something to that fact.

- Scarborough, AL, USA

Mar 072016

Transmissions is faulty. Car shakes, shudders, and hesitates during shift change as well as braking. Ford is aware of nationwide problem. They are replacing part with same faulty part.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 052016

I bought the car in Sep 2015. About two weeks after having the car, I noticed the car would stall/shake/jolt between 20-30 mph. It gets to the point were the just does not accelerate at all. This is a huge concer for safety of myself and my family. I have done research and it seems like Ford is doing nothing about. This is not safe drive. Ford needs to fix the problem. I am now stuck with a lemon that nobody wants, and now im stuck making payments on a crap car.

- Beaufort, SC, USA

Jan 122016

Takata recall I recently purchased a 2014 Ford Fiesta automatic at a Ford dealership in elizabethton tn, the salesman took me for a drive around the parking lot, the car only had a little over 19,000 miles on it with one owner.... but now I release why the owner traded the car in, after you drive it for a few hours the transmission really acts up.... I have almost been hit from the rear twice now while driving it, cause in first and second gear the car shakes like the whole front end is falling apart, and will not take off for a few seconds while doing that. So with this car you have to make sure nothing is coming for a long ways before you pull out, cause if you think you can pull out in a hurry forget it cause your shake all over in this car, and shudder before it engages to take off.... a very dangerous car that should of never been released by Ford to sale to the public.... this car and any like it that Ford has put out to sale should all be recalled and made to put a real transmission in these cars, before someone gets killed, cause now I am afraid to even drive this car cause of how it acts up..

- Roan Mountain, TN, USA

Jan 202016

Takata recall : the transmission issue makes my car feel unsafe. At random and quite often while driving, my car's transmission will tremble and shake which disables me from driving at the correct speed. Merging onto highways can be quite dangerous because I cannot speed up correctly with this transmission issue. The issue with the transmission is with turning, with out turning, with speeding up, from stop going into motion, and it includes both city street and highway. It has been an ongoing issue. I have taken it into the dealer with no improvement and am taking it back again. This has been an ongoing since I purchased it brand new, and feels like it has gotten worse. I no longer feel safe nor can tolerate these issues.

- Des Plaines, IL, USA

Jan 072015

Transmission is jerky, hesitant, dangerously not responding in traffic when need to accelerate extists. Into Ford several times for repairs but seems to get worse instead of better. To the point where we are afraid to drive it.

- Lake Ozark, MO, USA

Jan 072016

Vehicle shudders at shift points, sometimes violently. Problem is intermittent, and usually only when the vehicle is warmed up. Sometimes takes several seconds to actually shift into a gear. Usually occurs at 10-15 mph, and/or 20 - 25 mph. I have taken the vehicle in three times to have this checked; first time they were unable to detect anything wrong. Second time they said it was a warranty issue and reset the tcm; but it only got worse from there. Last time I took it in, they said it was within range but I don't think it was sufficiently warmed up for them to have properly tested it. Still shimmies and rumbles at shift points once it's warmed. Date of most recent service at the Ford dealer is entered below.

- Galloway, OH, USA

Mar 302015

Fiesta 4-cyl

I am buying and paying for an unsafe and worthless car. Can you help" I am 66 with little income. This car shudders and hesitates often. I was told by Ford dealer in hutto, tx, that I have to bring it in when it shudders and they will check it and orders parts that will take 2 months. The "shudder" happens on and off, so chances of this happening when I take it to dealer are per chance. The service person at the dealership told me many people are just leaving these Fiestas. I cannot do that. I bought it used from enterprise car rental. They will not respond to my emails. I cannot afford to keep paying on this vehicle. I never know if it will go forward when I step on the gas or not. Please help me. What can I do" I was sold a horrible car.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Dec 282015

Automatic transmission shifts to a manual transmission function within 30 seconds of up hill holding function and rolls back into other cars. This has occured on my car after the recent Ford fix to their transmission design that fixed the rough automatic transmission shifting on the original design. The sequence is: Come to a stop at a stop light on a hill, car holds the normal automatic transmission function of holding the car's position, but within 30 seconds the transmission assumes a manual transmission function and begans to roll backwards into the car behind you. Took the car to the Ford garage (gillis auto center, shelton, wa 98584) was told that this was a Ford design (deficiency) and there was nothing that they could do to fix it. There is no safety notice put out by Ford on the problem.

- Shelton, WA, USA

Dec 192015

Allow me to be #100 for complaints on the 2014 Ford Fiesta!! maybe after 100 complaints Ford Motor Company will do something to help us all !! purchased the new 2014 Ford Fiesta in August 2014. By the time I went in for my first oil change I was having problems with the car shaking, jerking, slipping, shuddering upon light acceleration on gas from a complete stop. Then the car is slow to gain speed to keep up with traffic. I've expressed my complaint/problem with the service technician at the dealership where I purchased the car and he said it's normal, people complain about the same issue all the time and there's nothing they can do about it. As of today's date the problem still exist, I've been back to the dealership with the same complaint and nothing has ever been resolved. And I can tell it's getting worse everyday. This is my only transportation.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jul 102015

This 2014 Ford Fiesta vehicle has some major transmission issues: Slipping, clunking, chugging, jerking, shuttering, and rattling when doing something as simple as pressing the gas pedal to accelerate when a traffic light turns green. This issue also occurs when I begin to come to a complete stop. I've only had the car for about five months and the issues have occurred throughout that time period. I have taken this vehicle to a Ford repair shop. The mechanic completed a reprogramming of some type. He informed me that the reprogramming typically resolves the issues that this vehicle is having; but the issues still remain, in fact, it's gotten worse. The hesitation of this vehicle to accelerate leaves me feeling unsafe. Motorists in passing vehicles are zooming by me as I am attempting to get this car to go. In addition, when I firmly press the gas petal, the car hesitates then begins to accelerate at a rapid speed. These issues occur while I am driving on the interstates, highways, streets, dirt roads, etc. It also does not matter if I am making a turn, shifting in drive or in reverse...the issues remain the same. Ford needs to be held accountable for these issues. It is terrible that they would not be concerned about the safety of their consumers. These safety issues were not mentioned on the carfax report. If they had been then I would not have purchased this vehicle.

- Carrollton, GA, USA

Nov 162015

Have had my car repaired 5 times for transmission (clutch) issues. Including, but not limited to: Lunging into intersections when transmission engages, not responsive at take off. Chugging at take off, missed shifts. Car has less than 31,000 miles

- Everett, WA, USA

Nov 012015

Car shakes and shutters violently while accelerating. Happens all the time.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 152014

Every time I try to give my car gas, it doesn;'t move right away and starts to sputter before it will go anywhere. Same goes for slowing down and pressing the gas again. Ive gotten this "fixed" three times and it is not safe espeically with a seven month riding along with me. It happens anywhere, pulling out after parking, at a stop light, and a stop sign, anywhere. I'm not sure what started it, it started to happen a few months after purchasing it brand new. Its technically not recalled yet but this is a problem in most Fiestas.

- Charleroi, PA, USA

Nov 072015

Transmission hesitates and shudders when accelerating from stop or at low speeds. Has done this on the street when leaving a stop sign, when accelerating/turning into a busy street from a parking lot, and also while going about 15mph (slowed down for car ahead of me to turn, then as I accelerated I got the shuddering feeling).

- Bowling Green, OH, USA

May 292015

When accelerating, the car will shake as it goes into first gear. As the car continues to accelerate the car will shake for about 5 seconds and then launch forward it is only a matter of time before the delay causes me to get hit, or the launching forward causes me to hit someone else. This is a continuous issue that started happening in my car about 1 year after purchase, and has gotten continuously worse

- Stoughton, MA, USA

Dec 012014

Shuddering, jerking, not accelerating - will happen during take off and while in motion

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 052015

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. The vehicle was repaired under an extended manufacturer's warranty where the transmission control module was reprogrammed and the clutch was replaced. When the vehicle was started and attempted to accelerate, it would not accelerate past 10 mph after the engine management service now warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Jul 312015

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While attempting to accelerate from a stop, the vehicle shuttered and hesitated to accelerate. The contact stated that the failure occurred intermittently without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed and repaired, but details from the diagnostic and repair could not be provided. The contact stated that the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 37,000. The VIN was not available.

- Eden, NY, USA

Oct 312014

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle would jerk uncontrollably. The contact stated that the failure would occur intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure was unable to be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 25,600.

- New Cumberland, WV, USA